Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked up an ac44 in the a block. She’s 100% matching but the gas cylinder is locked up tight on the piston. Somehow it still managed to cycle as it’s obviously been shot like this by the amount of carbon in the handguard at the end of the cylinder. The rifle is just filthy. I slid that rod (that pushes the bolt group) out and put some Kroil in the cylinder to soak. I have a few 43s but this one is by far the earliest I have and the dirtiest upon acquisition. It’s just filthy. Still, the stock is nice and the WaA 359 acceptance stamps on both the side of the butt and the wrist are very crisp. The stock is also numbered (and matching) to the action. I’m starting to think it’s a turd but maybe it just needs some TLC.....and some Kroil. Any other advice on getting this cylinder free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
It has obviously been functioning before now, and your problem with it is that you are having a problem exerting enough force to break the gas piston free from the cylinder.

I am willing to bet that the gas port pressure will be enough to break it loose.

Shoot a round through it, and then immediately disassemble the gas cylinder.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would stand the action up.And keep soaking it with PB Blaster.And take a heat gun and heat it up and let it cool a few times.Do it over a few day period.It will break loose.
Just wipe the access blaster off the blueing.Although i have not seen PB blaster hurt blueing

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
Had that problem on a new-to-me rifle. Squirted kroil in there for awhile, but shooting it loose did the trick. Two rounds is all it took. Non-corrosive, of course. You may want to check headspace too, as they run long even on the matching bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.