Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that after the ww2 Grenade Launchers for the rifle m/91-30( similar to the m44s GL) were made in the Soviet Union, in Hungary and Poland, and that have the brands of the country they were made in.

Could someone post some pics of the various GL and the marks( soviet, hungarian and polish marks ?)

Were all of these GL marked with the year?

There are some differences between the various GL?

Warmest regards.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also could someone tell me the years of production of these GL?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
alb87

This launcher is for the m/91-30. It was made in the Soviet Union, in Poland and in Hungary. Mine is from 1949 and was made in Poland. The other ones I saw are marked "02" or triangle with arrow.

Regards

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just another question:

were these GL mounted on rifles without globe front sight?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Just another question:

were these GL mounted on rifles without globe front sight?

Thanks.
alb87

On the first picture you can see the globe front sight (or at least the little hole on its top) just behind the big ring.

All rifles MN of that time had the globe front sight, but you can attach the launcher on a dragoon rifle too.

Regards

·
Registered
502 Posts
Designation of G/L for the M/N

Dear Alb & KH:
I was wondering if anybody knows what the designation for these grenade launchers, as I am still trying to find out what the Russian and the Chinese call there copy of the M-7 Carbine launcher and sight that was used on the M-44/Type 53 carbines in Vietnam. The rifle grenade that is a copy of our anti-tank World War II that was used in Vietnam was called a Chinese Type 64, I think. I have never seen any of these Types of G/L for the 91/30's avialable for sale, as I would love to add to my G/L from Vietnam.
Bob Hanes, Tex, Type 63sks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great informations!

kh's Grenade Launcher is very very intresting!
It was made in 1949, before the ipotetical year of production of the Polish m/91/30,
so these GL were used on Soviet supplied rifle (maybe/probably reworked by the Polish like the soviet sniper rifles),
I guess that the Soviet supplied not just Sniper rifles but standard m/91/30 also.
Maybe the USSR supplied soviet made m/91/30 GL also ( used as model for the Polish made GLs);
Maybe some Soviet Grenade Launchers were reworked by the Polish and WZR marked, like the PU scopes ?

It's just a theory.....any suggestion or advice?

Another thing ( I'm sorry but I like so much these intresting items...):Did the Soviet supplied these GL to the DDR also?

Warmest regards.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the Soviet supplied these GL to the DDR also?

(not :D.......I wrote to fast and i didn't press the spacebar...I'm sorry.....)

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Did the Soviet supplied these GL to the DDR also?

(not :D.......I wrote to fast and i didn't press the spacebar...I'm sorry.....)
alb87

Yes, if I remember right the launcher is mentioned in a DDR manual.

Before the production of Polish rifles m/91-30 started the Polish got rifles m/91-30 together with carbines m/38 and m/44 plus all accessories from the Soviet Union. May be there are reworked and WZR marked launchers, but I never saw one.

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts