Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, the last two wrapped ones I sold went for $950 and $1,100USD. From dealers that knew I had them.
Some buyers want "new" 60 year old rifles. Some dealers take care of customers, an find the rifles they want.
What do you think Century would sell them for now? As for me,if I needed that rifle..
I would have paid $400 max.
ATB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just think one day we will look back and laugh about how "cheap" it was.

Cheers all,
Lachy.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,304 Posts
Whew! Good thing I'm content with excellent condition FTR's with a few marks from usage. I couldn't afford to be that selective.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bet the owner was laughing all the way!
If you want to see silly prices paid for 3oh's , Go to the next Arms Auction in melb this Oct.
The last one was getting mad prices for ordinary 303's

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had to laugh looking at the second auction. The seller went to the trouble to blank out the last digit of the serial number on bolt and receiver, then forgot to blank out the digit stamped into the wood! Oops!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Is the price so high because it has an "A" prefix? I bought mine, same outstanding condition about two years ago for 195.oo Has anyone found anymore information on these. I haven't been keeping up on Enfields, so Im in the dark. Just curious if anything new has been kicked up on the "A" prefix ones.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Supply and demand, I suppose. I'm glad I got mine for a price close to what John said. :)

Having said that, given the current prices of a nice high end hunting rifle, 800 US or so doesn't seem too unreasonable to expect given the age and condition of the rifle. As they say, they aren't making them anymore.

Edit-

Sean,

We must have posted about the same time. I don't think A prefixes are bringing a special premium, but any of the "new in the wrap" or un-wrapped but new rifles seem to be bringing around five hundred give or take a hundred lately. A few guys have reported steals of two or three hundred in the last year or so, but that is definitely not the norm. I certainly wouldn't sell mine for $195, and doubt too many knowledgeable collectors would either. Last time they sold for that money routinely, I think, was when originally imported in the early 90s.

Best, Clyde

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
The thing is pristine. I think I fired the first rounds out of it since the factory. The thing didn't have any bluing wear anywhere. The bore looked like it still had some tooling marks at the throat from the chamber reamer. I've put 8 rounds of HXP through it. Nothings been shot out of it since.

The dam thing would be almost brand spankin new if the friggin' UPS guys didn't ding it up in transit. When I unboxed it, there was a ding in the stock about half the size of your pinky nail in the stock from something piercing the box. I don't know. Rebar or something...

So after about a month of nagging and many phone calls I had a check on my doorstep for 212.00 reimbursement. So I actually made money on the deal. HA! I guess I can call it free then.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,304 Posts
Sean, you may gloat about that only if you used that $212 on another great milsurp find.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For what it's worth I bought my in the wrap mk2 from Brian Dick back in '02 for ~$500 (US). At about the same time I picked up a used but excellent condition mk2 for $300. Guess I'm thinking in '02 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Sean, you may gloat about that only if you used that $212 on another great milsurp find.

I think I did. But I can't say for certain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts