Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Gsu.......All of the recent discussion regarding the packing and relocation of the Collection has raised the issue of your contributions to "the move." When Olga heard rumors regarding your efforts to "Help relocate certain items" she immediately broke out her proctologist's gauntlet in Preparation H for your pending visit.

While she is dedicated to protecting the Collection at all cost, she still pines for you Gsu after having performed your last prostate exam while searching for hidden WWI collectibles. Olga asked me to tell you how much she cares and misses you!

From Olga........

"To my flavorite little Americanski, Ya lublue tibia moi Gsu-chic!.......Ti czhopa malinki!.......Atlichna moi Druug!"

I won't tell Maggie if you don't Gsu.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
One of these days, Olga is going to see how you miss-represent her on the webernet, and when that happens, I will have free reign in your museum. It is only because of my miss-placed respect for you that I have not told her yet (actually, I am just waiting for you to fill a couple of holes before I swoop in and clean you out)

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gsu,

I couldn't help it Bud! I laughed when I stumbled across the "original" photo of Olga on one of my old hard drives while looking for the files with photos of the markings in the linings of some of my capotes for Joe.

I must say that the deeper I dove into the files, the more it became obvious that we have all been here together on Gunboards for a loooooong time! Must help explain all of the gray.....er? .....I mean blond hair on my head, beard and stash!?!?

It's been a great time Gents! What wonderful friends we have made through this venue. My hats off to all of you!

Warmest regards,

John

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I agree, John. This forum has been a great resource of information. The ability to share and learn is something that was not available 20 years ago. I can remember writing letters to ask questions, and taking weeks for a reply, now it takes minutes for the same inquiry to be answered, and by more than one person. It will be nice when you move to the United States. I always hated going through Kalifornial boarder check points.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Obviously there is a inside running joke here but please in the 1st sentence give a EYE BLEACH WARNING!!!!
I think my retinas are damaged now.;)

·
Super Moderator
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With friends like Olga, your sphincters cease to function ever again after the first body cavity search. She was blessed with the perfect thumbs to search out possible thefts following visits to the Museum. You'll have to switch from enemas to Depends.

She loves those 16 oz. beers!

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Olga told me it isn't what it was once before. We were discussing hiding places. And we agreed on one thing ... it is not possible to hide a P08 or a P38 in the jade grottoe of a lady were once in a while the crystal train goes through. No way José. We once smuggled smaller handguns out of Italy during the "Red brigades era". 5 years in jail , when caught! Your servant was never ... of course. Not that I ever symphatized with the "Brigate Rosse" ... just interested in getting some ancient handguns at my home. Was I once a fellon? Yes. Did or do I care? NO! You know why? Because there is the law ... BUT, IMHO, there is a certain "Natural law" too. Nihil humani me puto ... nothing human is strange to me. As long as it is easier to get an illegal firearm as a legal one ... there is something extremely wrong. Forgive me to rant ... I could go on for quite some time but it wouldn't benifit to your side of the pond. "Valete" ... it may you all go well!

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Thank you MikeS ... did you realize that I'm probably the only one on this board that doesn't hate you?
This is not because I'm not a collector anymore of those WWII automatic weapons .This is because we, young collectors of those times, and their possessions were friends in the sixties and were happy that a friend or an acquaintance got something we could fondle in their presence. Let them hate you ... the more the better! Ever got a Thompson SMG from Arnhem (A bridge too far)? I did, realizing this is a WWI board ... may the mods forgive me this one time.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
There are a lot of Olga's in this world ... they must be respected. Correction ... there are a lot of Olga's that think they rule the world (and they sometimes rule their family) but never the world ... I rest my case, it would take us so many hours and so many beers our wives couldn't take it anymore.
And like Gus once said (never forgot that wisdom): "If mommy ain't happy ... nobody is happy!". My sincere greetings to Maggie Gus, may she hold you on the right track. Vale, dear friends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.