Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I were traveling near Prescott, AZ where J&G Sales has their shop and we decided to detour over and see it for the first time. Upon arriving, my wife requested the keys to the truck so she could go find a rest room and on the way out said "anything you want, get it" (21 years of marriage - now I know why).

Anyway, I came away with 300 rounds of light ball Hungarian and this pair of 1937 Tulas. One a Model 1895 Nagant and the other a 1937 Ex- PE Sniper.

I do have a question about this ex-sniper. I know top mount snipers are referred to as "PE"(focus adjustable) but in 1937 the "PEM"(non-focus) had come into existence. Was the "PEM" also top mounted? IF so would a '37 be a PE, a PEM or either one?

Additionally, I have 34/51 MO marked Tula Hex receiver GeCo mount ex-sniper that I would be interested in trading for an original scope and mount or repro mix for the rifle pictured below.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,551 Posts
Nice pair yopu scored there. Very nice markings on both. I do not know the answer to your question however, as I am just learning about the PE/PEM rifles myself and have acquired a few ex's. I went with repro scopes/mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts