Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share this here - I mainly lurk in the lee enfield forum where all the other aussies are - and posted this text there originally

sorry mods this is totally off topic - but becuase this room is where the majority of Aussies hang out this is where I think this should be placed (if you think its innapropriate please delete)

I bought a second hand pistol from a Queensland gunshop that Exchanges Firearms, and the 2nd time I used it it was shoting multiple bursts for one pull of the trigger.

I know it isn't covered by a warranty, but i contacted the shop and they agreed to repair or refund the pistol. I'm really impressed by the service and i'm putting the money towards getting a new pistol -

awesome service and great guys!!
I got the replacement para ordanance yesterday - its brand new

Guys is there anything I should to to it before shooting - the barrel needs a good clean

I field stripped it last night and it took almost 2 hours to reassemble

the action is very stiff and tight

thanks

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Why did it take 2 hours to get it back together? If the pistol is new it might take a few hundred rounds of break-in to allow the parts to settle in with each other. Use a good lubricant (I like synthetic based lubes) during the break in period. Some folks like to use Break Free or similar types of CLP product to allow any imbedded metallic dust to surficate easier. Either way use a good lube on the slide/frame rails, be mindful of keeping your wrist stiff for the first few hundred rounds and clean the pistol up after each session in the break in period. Clean the barrel from the breech and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why did it take 2 hours to get it back together? .
It took 2 hours to get back together becuase it was the first time i'd stripped a 1911 type pistol before

the only pistol im used to is a S&W M&P and they are easy to strip

it's a learning curve for me

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
LOL thanks mate i stripped, cleaned and reassembled it in about an hour today

practise practise practise

the main problem today was getting the return spring back in it shot out with a lot of force about 3 times - and i felt safer putting on eye prtection

·
Registered
895 Posts
the main problem today was getting the return spring back in it shot out with a lot of force about 3 times - and i felt safer putting on eye prtection
Yeah, treat that mainspring like its a loaded barrel you are staring down. It still takes me a little bit to get my Springfield back together. How they trained men to dis- and re-assemble these blindfolded is beyond me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, treat that mainspring like its a loaded barrel you are staring down. It still takes me a little bit to get my Springfield back together. How they trained men to dis- and re-assemble these blindfolded is beyond me.
they were probably blindfolded because they'd been poked in the eyes too much by the spring

·
PlatinumBullet Member
19,948 Posts
You guys have to be kidding right. I have a Norinco 1911A1 that I taught my, at the time 16yr.old daughter, how to field strip. The set up was, weapon laying down on a mat. Pick it up, field strip it. Re-assemble. Put into battery and then lower the hammer and lay it back down on the mat. After a little practice, she was timed at 1 minute and 30 seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts