Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nordicthug
Posted - 11/23/2003 : 12:27:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a hard one to answer. The value's tough to guess at by remote control. Depending on how bad you want it, how bad the seller wants to sell, what part of the country you're in the value could be from $50-$125. In my opinion.

Nordicthug

GjMan
Posted - 11/25/2003 : 9:01:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have eight Carcani ranging in condition from fair to excellent. Highest price paid was $75--and that was fairly recently. I've seen them at local gun shows (western Colorado) priced considerably higher, but they don't sell. I've probably gotten some unusually good deals, but you should try not to pay too much more than that for an average Carcano.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Of course. I have simply begun the board review at 31st Auust 2003, and will be crawling my way to present. Prices have risen a bit, but not as much as some believe.

Bill Davis
Posted - 12/07/2003 : 12:49:59 PM
Century has them on sale this month, $40-$60 each. Buy 2 or 3 of the cheaper ones, and save 'em for trading material. You might get one tha has a date that someone else wants, etc. I love Carcanos but wouldn't pay over $100 for any of them. (But I'm just cheap-and broke!)

Carcano
Posted - 12/07/2003 : 1:09:53 PM
I agree with Bill Davis: but then, I have a lot of Carcanos already, I know the market, and I can wait (and like everyone, I have my few missed opportunities too... ;-)).

However, don't pay more than $ 125 for any Carcano as a beginner (which price already means "near mint" top condition; at the very most, $ 150, if you are in a mad spending frenzy).

If you are an advanced collector, then you know for which Carcanos you might be willing to pay more... a few uncommon and even rare models indeed exist, but they usually do not command much surcharge - it's a buyers' market, with little demand.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fucile M 91

War is Peace
Posted - 09/13/2003 : 10:18:16 PM
In my opinion, the (M 91 long) rifle as shown is worth $100-$125. You paid a little too much ($ 180) but it's not a horrible deal.

blast
Posted - 09/14/2003 : 07:10:39 AM
I saw one at a gunshow for $80.00, with straight bolt handle and cleaning rod.

Carcano
Posted - 12/22/2003 : 03:29:30 AM
For your information, the same gun has lateron been put on auction again, and has been sold for $ 90.01, which now is an okay price. Meaning: with mis-fitting curved bolt handle and without cleaning rod

Carcano
Moderator Italian Weapons Forum
1040 Posts
Posted - 08/10/2004 : 12:11:01 PM
It is a (very common) Model 91 long rifle, made in 1918 in Terni, by the largest and most common major manufacturer thus. The gun was repaired later in 1922 (or restocked), as the oval cartouche with the footer on the left buttstock side indicates. The varnished stained beech wood is typical for this time period. The rough dark blueing is also a sure giveaway for late WW I production. The rifle still has its cleaning rod, which is a bit uncommon in the USA (but the norm here). In the given condition, anything between $ 70 and $ 130 would be a tenable price, depending upon location and situation.

Len S
Posted - 01/18/2005 : 9:33:34 PM
Hi guys,
I picked this up at a hockshop this past Friday. It's a long M91 made at Roma in 1918. (...) Externally it's in good shape but the bore is in exceptional condition, should make a good shooter. The best part is that it cost $58 out the door.

Joe Turner
Posted - 02/02/2005 : 2:33:44 PM
Gentlemen! I picked up my first Carcano from a local gun shop for $75.00. It is a Model 91 in overall NRA very good condition. (...)
Barrel and receiver are marked CI 1237.
Top flat of barrel knox form is marked TERNI
The right flat on the knox form is stamped 18
(...)
I suspect the rifle has been arsenal refinished, it is sort of a dull blue black and can be found in a tiny bit of pitting on the receiver bottom. (...) No other markings are visible but I am removing a polyurethane finish from the wood and I may find more. The stock does not appear to have been sanded as the wood is still reasonably " proud " around the trigger guard area and the butt plate.
It cycles well, is pleasant to shoot and accurate enough for my old eyes, giving me a 2.3 inch group at 100 yards from a rest.

bradley_mitchell
Posted - 02/11/2007 : 8:15:42 PM
A fullsize M-91 rifle w/ a Roma arsenal stamp on top.
Also these markings on the reciever

8 Roma
OR-C
also a MS with a circle around them

not bad for $ 30, the guy didn't know what it was . my gain

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Prices for Fucile M 1938 (short rifle) in 7,35mm

Frank
Posted - 01/31/2004 : 01:09:41 AM
bampa, I just sold one on the Trader last week for $100. It was a complete Finned M38 in very good condition. Also, bought another one for $100 about a year ago. Still have that one (it has the Finnish modified higher front sight). Both are 1939 with the SA stamp. I would say a sporter would be $50 to $75 tops.

qvekid
Posted - 02/17/2004 : 11:50:37 AM
i would agree with frank they seem to be around $75.00 to $120.00 for in good to very good condition respectivly super minty seem to go higher but it also depends on seller i like 6.5 cal better myself because of ammo avalability,sportarized versions are very resonable i like them myself excellent deer guns they go for around $50.00 to $75.00 let us know what you found,good luck.
M 1938 short rifle with Finnish Stamp

WLD Bill
Posted - 06/01/2004 : 8:37:40 PM
I was lucky and found one of these (with Finnish SA stamp) about 2 shows back about the same shape (i.e.: excellent +) as yours, fellow was walking it around and i got it for $75 which made me even happier.

SPQR
Posted - 12/20/2004 : 8:39:09 PM
I'll be picking up my first Carcano in a few days. (...) A non import-marked M38, 7.35 with great wood with minor blemishes. Bluing is 70% with some minute marringand a mirror bore. Terni marked 1939 without cleaning rods and devoid of SA markings, I think I made a good purchase at $70. Dennis

SPQR
Posted - 12/31/2004 : 1:32:22 PM
Well, she's home. Blueing is much better than I previously thought, closer to 90%. Bolt is unmarked with some discoloration. receiver and stock are mismatched. No cleaning rods in stock. Attatched an old K98 sling and she looks good again. The trigger is as good as any I have ever pulled, better than my M24/47.

MACV70
Posted - 03/20/2004 : 4:16:54 PM
I went to a local gunshop today to look at a Russian Baikal Makarov (overpriced and in .380) so I passed. As I was walking out I glanced up on a tall gun rack and spotted what appeared to be a very nice M-38, complete with sling and bayonet. Now, I haven't owned a Carcano in years but surplus rifes in exceptional condition always intrigue me. A quick examination convinced me this carbine needed to go home: no import markings, 1939 date, Terni, cal. 7.35, mint bore, excellent plus overall condition, sling and stock dated 1939, beautiful bayonet. There is a hand stamped "HG" just below the serial number. The only flaw was the blue on the receiver ring and side rails was mottled and showing some brown patina. The rest of the blue on the barrel, magazine, buttplate, etc. was a striking 98%. The wood is almost perfect.

MACV70
Posted - 03/20/2004 : 9:03:29 PM
I paid $200 so it wasn't a bargain. I felt the condition, the bayonet and the '39 dated sling all enhanced the value.

BradB
Posted - 03/21/2004 : 5:26:50 PM
Folding bayonets still go for $100-"ish" on Ebay with the correct scabbard on a fairly routine basis. $200 plus is closer for a "lever-lock" version. BUT, even figuring $80 for the bayonet (no scabbard), add $40 for the sling, $30 for the rods; you got the rifle for $50. A complete MILSURP rig with sling, rods and bayonet at that price is GREAT, and I don't blame you a lick for being attracted.

WLD Bill
Moderator - Tech Advisor Tennessee Guns
2895 Posts
Posted - 03/22/2004 : 08:43:16 AM
I picked up a nice SA marked at a show a couple of weeks ago for $80, no bayonet, no sling, did get cleaning rod section. Exc bore,overall vg+. You got the complete rig for 200, you did well and a great apperance. Thanks for the pics.

RLB2
Posted - 01/01/2005 : 3:45:11 PM
there is a guy selling on the side of the road . He has the mintiest carcano I have ever seen. The metal looks, all complete,has bayo lug/no bayo ,finn SA marked the stock even matches. he is asking $350 sounds real high.

NebrHogger
Posted - 01/01/2005 : 4:19:54 PM
350? No. 150 would be the absolute most I would ever pay for what you describe - especially since they can be had for 75 - 125 on a regular basis. SW

airdale
Posted - 01/01/2005 : 6:36:01 PM
350 is way too much! I agree with Neb, 150 would be more like the right price.

keithreid
Posted - 01/20/2005 : 4:49:25 PM
maybe not so rare. i've found 2 in pawnshops in the last 3 weeks. i've been looking for one because i've been collecting finn rifles and it would fit in. the first one was 90 bucks otd but the lady wouldn't sell it to me because she was SURE she couldn't sell a rifle to anyone but a tennessee resident.

Gil Martin
Posted - 02/18/2005 : 8:26:04 PM
I picked up an SA-marked 1938 in 7.35mm in a local gun shop. The hang tag price was $100, but I got it for $80.

Fred J. Wahl
Posted - 03/20/2005 : 9:58:03 PM
I nearly bought a decent 7.35 Carcano at a Florida Gunshow, the dealer wanted about $85., O.T.D., if it wasn't for the difficulty in getting ammo/components for it, I would have bought it.

Arisaka fan
Posted - 02/16/2006 : 3:38:10 PM
Here is it it cleaned up well thank for all the suggestions on removing the surface rust. I noticed the Front sight is different then the one on my 6.5 model 38 . It was a Nice find for $75 it is now the prize of my gun collection

Capt Zorro
Gunboards Moderator
Posted - 05/08/2007 : 08:51:55 AM
I have to agree with NebrHogger, they usually go from $75-150.00 around here depending on condition.

Windstar
Posted - 07/10/2007 : 8:57:19 PM
Hi all, I happened upon a 1939 XVll M38 SA marked fucile on Saturday. It has a beautiful beech stock matched to the receiver T5004. There's nothing in the buttplate trap. There is a groove underneath on the forend and the gun has the bayo lug. The rear sight is a fixed notch, the bluing is about 70% and the price was $70. It's amazing what you can find when you're not looking.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Prices for chopped, "sporterized" Carcanos

Douglas I. Kerley
Posted - 02/10/2004 : 01:46:02 AM
Hi; A month ago I picked up a early carbine that had been restocked with a nice springfield "C" stock that would of been worth $250 today before the hack saw got to the front and files and wood puddy reinleted it to carcano. Front sight was replaced with a US M1 Carbine one. Barrel band moved back a couple of inches and hand guard cut back. I got it for $30 because of the nice early cleaning kit in the but and I could use the parts. But, now that I reexamined it I kind of like it. I'll add it to my little gun collection of horrers. Doug

qvekid
Posted - 02/17/2004 : 12:20:54 PM
i just bought a real nice sporter for $40.00 a 1918 bresica a just had to take the ugly polyurethane coating off just a beautiful gun thats what i like about carcano sporters they are great little deer guns

Aethelbert
Posted - 02/16/2004 : 12:58:37 PM
Carcani that are already sporterized (aka: 'Bubba-ized') are frequently available and at bargain basement prices. I've seen them as low as $30-$35.

turbothis
Posted - 07/23/2007 : 9:32:11 PM
i saw a long ass barrel in the corner rack but not much wood. like seeing a starving kid or something. looked it over and it is a 1917 long m91 rifle. chopped stock of coarse but the barrel is in great condition and full length. they wanted $60 but i got it for $45

mcgintyinmaine
Posted - 08/01/2007 : 09:29:42 AM
I have restored a FAT 42 Model 91/41 that was sportarized. I picked it up for $50 and am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fucile 91 "Tubata"

DMala
Posted - 02/12/2004 : 10:47:26 AM
The Tubata M91s seem to be less uncommon than I used to think a while ago, I would currently assign a value of $30 or so above the base price for a post-WWII refurbished M91. Again, this is all very subjective.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cavalry carbine prices (6,5 mm and 7,35 mm)

ComradeAndrei
Posted - 03/06/2004 : 5:43:53 PM
What do you guys think a m91 cav. carbine in v. good + shape is worth? Made in Brescia, stock and barrel match. Bayonet present. The dealer wants $150, but knocked it down to $125 and would probably go a bit lower.

How about a m38 cav. carbine (7,35mm) in good (NRA good, not actually nice). More dings and scratches, probably 50% bluing, don't remember if it matches. Price tag was for $69, again, would probably deal.

Saw the both of them at a gun show and would like to buy them but don't really know what they are worth. Thanks for any info.

Ronin48
Posted - 03/06/2004 : 6:02:16 PM
7.35 price good, 6.5 high, I'd say $75 tops, others may say I'm living in the past.

Bimmercat
Posted - 05/26/2004 : 10:46:36 AM
A local gunstore has a little Carcano 6.5mm rifle for sale.

This rifle is of Carbine length and has a spike-shaped underfolding bayonet. There are no importer marks on the rifle and the bore is immaculate and the bluing and wood is excellent. The receiver is marked Brescia 193_ (cant remember the last digit) and there is a faint stamping of some sort of crest on the buttstock. All in all, it seems to be a tight, working example of the Carcano rifle.

He is asking 60 dollars for it and it has been in the shop for quite some time and noone has been intersted in it. H'ed probably take 50 bucks cash for it.

vet61
Posted - 01/23/2005 : 06:02:42 AM
I just picked up a Carcano at a small local show. Stamped R.E. Terni on top of receiver 36-XIV on side.Has folding bayonet and no import stamp. Has 95- 100% blue,wood has few dings but no deep gouges.What is this and what is it worth ? I paid $60.00.

airdale
Posted - 01/23/2005 : 08:20:30 AM
You have a m91 cavalry carbine made by Terni in 1936 in 6.5 cal. I usually see these selling between $75-120.

Douglas I. Kerley
Posted - 03/21/2005 : 11:10:18 AM
HI; Just picked up at the Portland Show a recient import Carcano Cavalry Carbine but near mint with a mismatched stock for a $100 from a dealer.

Ronin48
Posted - 04/16/2006 : 9:25:45 PM
After selling all my Carcs. I bought a 42-dated cav. carbine at the TMCA show last weekend, paid $75. Sucker for an inexpensive rifle.

micmacman
Posted - 04/28/2006 : 10:58:59 PM
(M 91/38 carbine, overall good cond., mismatched period stock, front sight blade missing, folding bayonet is intact)
came home with this today from a large show,i took the day off because i always seem to get there on Sunday after its all been picked over
fella had $110 on this and he came down to $90 so i figured what the heck,

MarkRKelley
Posted - 06/01/2006 : 4:09:52 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found one of these literally in the forgotten corner of a very out of the way gun shop. The 1940 carbine is complete, but the stock does not match the SN on receiver. Has the attached spike bayo. Bore is decent. I can have it for $65 out the door.

Z71
Posted - 06/02/2006 : 10:47:28 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I paid about the same($61) for my 1941 FNA Cavalry carbine with bayonet. I don't think my stock matches either.

lmc1016
Posted - 12/21/2006 : 12:38:52 AM
got this earlier this month. i'm not sure what model it is? made in Gardone, 6.5mm, with SKS sling. the guy said he couldn't get ammo anymore! told him that was terrible and got it for $75.00. hope i didn't pay too much?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Type I Rifles prices

Carcano
Moderator Italian Weapons Forum
Germany
1040 Posts
Posted - 02/22/2004 : 05:38:15 AM
One important point, pt460, if I may stress this out:

Rarity is no - repeat NOT - a mere function of production figures. It is dependent upon
a) collector interest
b) survival rate.
There are sooo many commercial guns with far lower production figures that are not considered "rare" at all.

The survival rate of Type I rifles is astonishingly high. They were and are comparatively easy to find, and many - though not all, there are also a few Chinese captures, as was said, some even converted to 7,62x39 - are still today in excellent to mint condition.

Papa G
Posted - 05/13/2006 : 09:43:23 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
found mine at a local shop last year.VG condition, cleaning rod, bayonet(no scabbard), and 2 boxes of Norma ammo. a package deal for $300. i think i did good.

jonk
Posted - 05/14/2006 : 6:09:36 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He has decided to sell it and said he'd let me have it for $200, so I think I'll bite. Sounds like the "good deal" end of the going rate.

jlt1987
Posted - 02/17/2007 : 3:34:31 PM
What is the current price for a Japanese Type I in good shape with the cleaning rod.

Bill B
Posted - 02/17/2007 : 8:20:08 PM
$175 to $250 absolute top

Bushido101
Posted - 02/17/2007 : 8:38:27 PM
I agree with Bill $250.00 tops. I picked up one 7-8 years ago at a gunshow and I gave $180.00 for it and it was missing the rod but it had the original sling and bayonet.

Mike R
Posted - 06/25/2007 : 3:47:33 PM
Usually I see them for $250-300.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Price for a Moschetto TS 91/28

NebrHogger
Posted - 03/28/2004 : 8:54:09 PM
I bought this 6.5 carbine at a recent gunshow for 50 bucks. The guy had it marked 90, but he came down when I pointed out the bore was dark and I was taking a big chance on it. For once, the gamble paid off, and the bore cleaned up shiny with excellent rifling! (...) On the barrel is stamped 1917 and Brescia between the sight and the receiver ring on the flats. Serial # AN86XX. On the stock avove the sling bar is heavily stamped in a circle: Fabrica D'Armi R. E. Terni 1932. There are two figures stamped in the center of the circle, one of which may be a fasces. Below this and integral to the stamp is RIPARAZIONE.

steve3320
Posted - 02/15/2006 : 4:34:23 PM
I saw a bolt action in a pawnshop today that was marked "beretta 6.5mm" on the tag. The only info on the gun was as follows: Beretta Gardone 1937-xv serial # is B7534. It is a hexagon receiver. Is is fairly short barreled and stocked rifle, but it did not appear to have been cut. (...)
They are asking a $100 for it; the bore looks good and the bolt feels solid, however the outside of the barrel and stock look like they have been thru a war or two.

BradB
Posted - 03/24/2007 : 4:23:18 PM
Bought this at the Hampton VA show today. 1929 (VII) dated Gardone, stock is matching showing 1938 Gardone stamp (see photo). I need a rod and sight spring to finish it. Bore is fair; shot with corrosive ammo. External is VERY nice at about 95%; wood is untouched. No import marks at all. $100 from a dealer.
Posted - 03/27/2007 : 12:20:42 PM
Just got back from my friend's shop with the rear sight spring and cleaning rod (another $16; bringing the grand total to $123 with tax and all from dealer). She is now complete, original and sitting proudly in my safe.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hunters Lodge 8mm Nazi marked

arch jones
Posted - 06/10/2004 : 10:50:30 AM
I saw one of the Italian carbines that Hunters Lodge is selling as 8mm modified from the North Africa WW2 campaign and Nazi marked. It will come as no supprise that these guns are FAKES. They are the standard 8mm Carcanos being sold elsewhere for $ 69.

They are fair condition and the one I saw had a NEW Eagle and Swastika stamped on the stock. Hunters Lodge is selling these guns for $ 195 if you want hand picked, these are one of the worst attempts to pass off as Nazi firearms I have ever seen. This gun was ordered by a novice military collector who is very diappointed after showing the gun to me. Hunter Lodge should not be allowed to profit from new collectors lack of knowledge.

Carcano
Posted - 06/13/2004 : 09:55:36 AM
The Moschetti TS 38 "S" are well worth seventy bucks, but with these, you'd have to *subtract* about 35 $ for the fake stampings.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Carcano
Posted - 08/19/2004 : 4:40:32 PM
Originally posted by Eloldehombre1
Fellow walks up to your table with a Carcano. You ask him if it's for sale, "Yep." You look at it, a TS in 7.35.!!! Do you (a) offer $75-$100. or (b) tell him it is a rare, hard to find, very desirable piece, worth at leas $500 (Last one I know sold wentfor $500.) What would you do???
Extremely easy to answer.
There is virtually no buzzing market for Carcanos, and no price differentiation outside a very arcane small circle of a few collectors most of whom know each other personally. $ 75 to 100 is a "correct" price. Everything you pay beyond is because _you_ want to have this gun (and want to beat me, or Dick, or DMala, or DocAV, or Gaetano, or Wolfgang Riepe, or whoever...), not because it be rare or much desired.

There are lots of el cheapo Saturday Night Special handguns that are much "rarer" in terms of low production numbers, and yet one will not pay more for them than $ 25 to 50 at most.

caerlonie
Posted - 08/21/2004 : 11:18:43 PM
Cannot say I know much about Carcano rifles,but the fact is most shooters who were offered one would probably turn their noses up at them,just another old milsurp as far as they are concerned,that fires nowadays fairly obscure cartridges.Only a relatively small number of purists could tell the difference between the value or desirability of various models.

DMinFla
Posted - 08/22/2004 : 6:57:40 PM
I only gave $ 50.00 each for my 7.35 TS and 7.35 carbine. I found the TS on a table at a gunshow it was priced at 50.00 so i paid him and left. The carbine was also at a gunshow and it was from a walkin it was missing the handguard and had some stock repair inlets in the stock so i offered him 50.00 for it. A while later he came back and said he would let me have it for 50.00 as no one else wanted to even look at it so i picked it up. Now i did not know that the stock inlet repairs was for the Tromboni till i got home so i got lucky there.DMinFla

UPDATE 2007:
Today, the range would be corrected upwards. Let's say $ 75 to § 150. Also, a buzzing market may or may not slowly develop. It does not yet exist, in contrast to Japanese rifles.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Carcano carbine in 8x57 caliber

jamesmo
Posted - 09/17/2004 : 4:35:17 PM
Came across one with $200 asking price. What is a reasonable price for one of these in good condition? Also how common are these?

Carcano
Posted - 09/17/2004 : 8:13:16 PM
Reasonable price, depending upon condition: $ 59.95 to 79.95.

And not, repeat NOT a cent more. They are extremely common presently.

Bill Davis
Posted - 09/18/2004 : 3:26:18 PM
I have one but I have so many "real" 8MMs I never shoot the Carcano. (paid $45 for it if I remember right)
Bill Davis

airdale
Posted - 07/10/2005 : 3:42:00 PM
Mark, most of these I see that are in excellent condition run in the $75-100 range.

keithreid
Posted - 05/20/2006 : 7:46:49 PM
hey guys, i picked up a cavalry carbine at a show today that kinda suprised me. i didn't know they were made in 8mm.
this one's in a cavalry carbine stock with added recoil lug in the wrist. fixed rear sight with 7.9 stamped on it. the only other mark on the rifle is the s/n stamped on the barrel shank. no markings to tell where it was made. the bolt has a turned down handle and the letters R and S stamped on top of the handle at the base.
bayonet has the push button type release. the springfield sporters "do not fire" tag is still hanging on the front band.

were many of these made in 8mm? i figure for 75 bucks it was a pretty good deal
(...)
there was an 8mm m38 TS on the table beside it for 65 bucks in the same condition

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moschetto per cavalleria M 91/38

ComradeAndrei
Posted - 09/04/2004 : 01:14:19 AM
At a local gunshow. Maybe qualifies as good condition, not much blue, greasy but overall servicable. Also, some rust on the buttplate. Caliber is 6,5x52, has adjustable sight, made by Brescia (I believe) and has the Tiro Al Signo Nazionale (probably butchered the spelling). I didn't think that adds much value, could be wrong though.

Price was $165-jeez! (...)

Carcano
Posted - 09/04/2004 : 02:40:06 AM
A price of $ 65 is normal and adequate for the condition you describe.

ComradeAndrei
Posted - 09/06/2004 : 10:39:20 PM
That is what I thought. But, are the prices higher in Europe? From what I've gleaned off the boards I would say that is not true but maybe I am mistaken.

I thought the same, I would pay $50-70 for it, but not $100 over that!

Z71
Posted - 09/26/2004 : 2:00:56 PM
I paid $61 for a pretty nice 1941 FNA Brescia cavalry carbine a few months ago. Metal work is fine with most of a reblue and a great bore, wood is solid but has lots of dings. Check Auction Arms, thats where I got mine. I bid on it and no one bid against me in 6 days. Not much interest in Carcanos I guess.

Stevie.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Carcano Prices in 2007

Unless someone imports a batch of these, I''m afraid the days of the $75 Carcano are history, with the $55 Trapdoor Springfield or $150 03a3. I was astounded to see what British Enfields were bringing. A few years ago you could find them fairly cheap, but no longer. If you see a $75 carcano that's in decent shape, grab it. These are headed in the range of the Jap rifles.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think it depends where you live. Carcanos in my area are cheap when they turn up. 65 to 175 is the Price Range I ve seen them for and brought most of what I ve seen. Arisakas in my Area are 200+ unless sporterized

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prices of Carcano charger clips

1 clip alone: ridiculous.
3 clips with 18 shots of ammo: Pay $ 12-18 for the whole box, get the clips for free.
100 clips: see here...

Gun_Nut_2K1
Posted - 10/03/2004 : 03:50:51 AM
My Father has an old Carcano 6.5 mm rifle. He loves it to death. He has even had me reload for the darn thing :) Father only has one Clip for this rifle. I found a vendor at a local Flea market that had an ammo can full of the clips. I bought 100 of the clips at $.10 each. All where in like new condition give or take one or two. I was wondering if I got a good deal? Should I go back for the rest? Is this a nice gift for a Carcano buff?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I think it depends where you live. Carcanos in my area are cheap when they turn up. 65 to 175 is the Price Range I ve seen them for and brought most of what I ve seen. Arisakas in my Area are 200+ unless sporterized
I recall seeing them for around $40 about 8 years ago, then didn't see ANY at shows for a while. Looking at the prices on some of the gun auctions makes me wonder. Admitted, some are VERY inflated.

The price of clips is nothing less than outrageous. If they can make aftermarket clips it would be a blessing and these WOULD sell. Ditto with repro stocks. Just look at all those guns that Bubba had his hands on. I recall when you could pick up Carcanos for $10 OR LESS and in quantity, in the late 60's. My first two milsurps were a Vetterli in 6.5 and a 91 long rifle made at Terni in 1917. I paid $10 for the latter and surplus ammo and clips were all over the place. I recall seeing rows of 91 & 91/38 Cavalry carbines at $15 each. Some of these went home with Bubba for a "sporter". These were all in the stores between Nashville and Atlanta. I wonder if that's the area you mean. I moved up to Md. in 1990 and saw these floating around, then dry up a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DMala, who certainly ranks as one of best Carcano connaisseurs on this board, had very aptly captured the essence of Carcano pricing:

vernz
Posted - 10/26/2004 : 1:40:13 PM
I'm going to an auction that has a M91 cavalry carbine with matching numbered receiver, stock and bolt. It is stamped 1918 on the receiver and stock cartouche. The number is in the AA block. HOw rare is a numbered bolt that matches the receiver on these? How much should I go at the auction?

DMala
Posted - 10/26/2004 : 3:05:55 PM
If the numbers are original, that would be quite unusual, but it would have a relatively minor effect on the value. In other words, the general collector value would not be greatly affected, but maybe you can find someone who really wants such piece.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ronin48
Posted - 11/09/2004 : 2:49:30 PM

$100 for 91/24, $90 for 8mm moschetto. You can always come down, but not go up!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts