Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my understanding from the sources and my local experts is that most of the peruvian 91s went back to europe and were returned with lange sights. due to change to spitzer bullet. so some with ladder sights exist but are rare having escaped the refurb roundup. is this why there are no peruvian 09s with ladder sights? how does sight type, bullet design time of build/use influence the fact that no argentine 91s,and i assume no bolivians, have only ladder sights?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,273 Posts
thats a good find,I have had only the Lange sight modified rifles,with the big SJG stamped on the barrel.Is the crest kind of faint? On my Peruvian the crest was faint and you could see where the ground the Argentine crest off.I have only seen the Lange sighted models.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
peru

crest is intact on mine. no sign of "underscrubbing". crest is lightly struck. i have not seen but 1 unscrubbed argy 91,so have no reference to that. the crest on my engineer carbine is light and on all other 91 carbines i have seen of either type crest is light. so i assume all 91 mausers from so.am. are lightly struck and easily obliterated. does this apply to turk and belgian guns of this general type?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts