Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know the answer to this one but not 100%
I have a line on some brass that used to be practice ammo. Not sure if it was wooden bullets or caps because the projectiles have been pulled. Berdan primers are intact. Is there any concern with reloading the brass?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
People here have used the wooded bullets for brass quite successfully, of course they dumped the old powder.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The picture I got shows green marks on the base of the case and he says the brass were capped which I assume would be Gallery ammo?
Same question, safe to use?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have a small amount (12) of 6.5 x 55mm, once fired, brass. It is military stuff from 1948. Headstamp...VI46 HA 4 8

I have three unfired cartridges of the same stuff (nickeled full metal jacket) but I can't ship that to Canada.

PM me, Tim.

It's this stuff...

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
I have a small amount (12) of 6.5 x 55mm, once fired, brass. It is military stuff from 1948. Headstamp...VI46 HA 4 8

I have three unfired cartridges of the same stuff (nickeled full metal jacket) but I can't ship that to Canada.

PM me, Tim.

It's this stuff...

View attachment 1941329
That was Danish ammo !!!!!!!!!! VERY dangerous to fire in any rifle . Serious problems with the jacket fouling the bore to the point of blowing up your rifle . Use live rounds for display or pull the bullets & reload the brass .

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Definitely, Danish...

I had no idea of any issues related to this ammo. I have three (3) rounds of live ammo but will only be passing along the fired brass. I have no rifle, close by to fire this off in...maybe I will pull the projectiles, fire the primers and send all the "scrap brass" to someone who wants it.

Do I understand that the plated projectiles are the "problem" with this ammo? Fouling from the nickel?

As an aside, I was shocked to find that the base of the 6.5 x 55mm is LARGER than the base of the 7 x 57mm...who knew?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think I know the answer to this one but not 100%
I have a line on some brass that used to be practice ammo. Not sure if it was wooden bullets or caps because the projectiles have been pulled. Berdan primers are intact. Is there any concern with reloading the brass?

I do it all the time with the Swedish Blanks. I pull the Red Wooden 7 grain projectile, dump the powder, and you have SIZED Berdan Primed case ready for Powder and a Projectile.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
That was Danish ammo !!!!!!!!!! VERY dangerous to fire in any rifle . Serious problems with the jacket fouling the bore to the point of blowing up your rifle . Use live rounds for display or pull the bullets & reload the brass .
Corrosive as well. Failed the "nail test"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.