Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick and easy quiz: What makes this WWI photo interesting? ;)

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts
1. He is a Bersagliere ( Soft Fez cap)
2. He is carrying a M1891 (Long) Rifle;
3. He has Four front ammo Pouches ( Infantry carried Two, usually centrally situated);
4. His Uniform is the complete Grigio-Verde of the (Later) WW I period (Not the Pre-War combination of light coloured Tropical Trousers and Blue Blouse common amongst Bersaglieri in 1915).
5. Can't tell if the rifle is cocked or not???

Come on, JPS, Give us the benefit of your expertise here!!!!

Doc AV

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. He is a Bersagliere ( Soft Fez cap)
2. He is carrying a M1891 (Long) Rifle;
3. He has Four front ammo Pouches ( Infantry carried Two, usually centrally situated);
4. His Uniform is the complete Grigio-Verde of the (Later) WW I period (Not the Pre-War combination of light coloured Tropical Trousers and Blue Blouse common amongst Bersaglieri in 1915).
5. Can't tell if the rifle is cocked or not???

Come on, JPS, Give us the benefit of your expertise here!!!!

Doc AV
Doc:

Not even close! ;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,539 Posts
That was fun! Not meaning to hijack Richard's thread, let's try another that shouldn't be too difficult: what model Carcano was made by only one arsenal? Please name the model and arsenal. SW

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Steve, you may have me on this one; depending on what your definition of "model" is, I'd say the moschetto per il Duca d'Aosta (the Duke of Aosta's guard detachment) made only by Beretta. But you probably have something else in mind....Ralph

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Steve, I do believe you have me stumped. If my quick review of my data is correct, MIDA made only the Model 1891 rifle and no other models, and MBT made only the 91 TS and no other models, but other manufacturers made both of those models as well, so I don't believe that's the answer you're looking for. I'm anxious to hear your answer, but let's wait and see if anyone else weighs in on this. Ralph

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.