Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been very fortunate lately in acquiring 2 M39s. I bought one from a fellow board member, BARQS19. And the other one I got locally. They both have their own character and wear but I thought I would share a few pics. I haven't torn them down yet so don't know the tang dates. I can't wait to shoot them.

Note : the 42 is from BARQS19

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one i bought from BARQS was my first one. Then the other popped up and I had to have it. The other half isn't too pleased but such is life. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,814 Posts
Very nice, congrats! Can't ever have too many M39s I don't think!
Exactly. Never enough. They are nice examples of actively used military weapons. I like them! Interesting wood patch/putty job.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Explain to your wife (i.e.: sell her on the idea) that these are investments, lol. But truly they are. M39s seem to be going up in price faster than other Mosin variants. Your rifles have seen the elephant, and may have gotten their share of Russkies. I too find that wood patch really interesting. Have fun shooting them too!

Unless you have been married for 30 years like I have, you are just going to have to get your wife used to the idea of a pair of the "same" rifles, lol. Mine more or less got over the idea that a person needs just one gun about 25 years ago. I think - or at least I have sold myself on that idea too.

Congratulations on getting them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts