Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the "Other" Panic thread, lo & behold more Surplus is coming out of the woodwork! And the Shipping is less than AIM or others that I've inquired.

By the looks of things only 76 left at AIM. You guys are serious HOARDERS!!!! LOL tsk tsk! :)

The "Other" Co has over 275 cases.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,347 Posts
You can name the company, just not link them.

I will be waiting for sportsmansguide to have them at $85 with one of their free shipping coupons. Will be buying 4 or 5 crates. I buy from AIM all the time so I do not feel bad saving a buck now and then elsewhere, however when its $85+ shipping I do not mind paying the $15 difference so it goes to a place that helps keep the forum going. Being a sponsor is not cheap!!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,451 Posts
Are you refering to Cheaper than gold?
They were selling pmags for over $90 after Sandy Hook. I will never give them my business based on that.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,565 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I will be waiting for sportsmansguide to have them at $85 with one of their free shipping coupons. Will be buying 4 or 5 crates. I buy from AIM all the time so I do not feel bad saving a buck now and then elsewhere, however when its $85+ shipping I do not mind paying the $15 difference so it goes to a place that helps keep the forum going. Being a sponsor is not cheap!!
NC,

Is that the Buyers Club price?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

You and me both.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,657 Posts
"Sorry, item temporarily unavailable" ... all gone, snooze, you lose

Patrick

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have bought from SG before and gotten good service but the last time I had a back order that I kept for months, they would not ship me some cans even though they had some for sale on the site. Customer service did not have a reasonable explanation.
I expect they did not want to honor my back order because they were not going to make money on it. There was a price increase on the new shipment. What really stung was that I handed over the cash to my wife to cover the credit card, and it was absorbed and spent on the usual expenses... and the cans never came. I learned to only hand over the fun money when the credit card bill is due.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,565 Posts
They started with limited supply maybe 50 60 crates-- Now it's gone. I think US post office bought them. :)

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Of course, I don't mind supporting a sponsor, I looked, and at four can it cost $81 shipping where aim for me was $137 shipping for four cans that will arrive any day this week, plus $10 more per can x4=$40, so $90 for ordering from aim, but I don't have a crystal ball, and I have ordered from "them" in Texas this year, check them and others everyday lately, I'm on the aim and others email list, a way of knowing who has what alot of times that seems almost a secret to some . Difference between Texas and Ohio, but I'm not one to quibble over a few dollars if stuff would have become in short supply till the day it gets banned from import, actually happened to me in the early 90's when I didn't order extra chinese 7.62x39 ammo but had maybe 400 rnds left for my junky condition sks from sportsmanguide, probably 1993 or 1994.

I was told by a local well known ammo scalper, you know, a guy who has like only several of the most popular guns, so he told me(he's a big off roader enthusiast mostly)like ar15 and m1a and .45 pistols only, and plenty of "councelling" from him about quote "junk foreign guns and foreign ammo like russian junk and the fools who buy them" yet he has always tried to sell me some inflated russian 7.62x39 or russian 5.56 62gr only like I am supposed to prove to be in his theory of fools who buy those calibers and brands and at double the price or more, that he bragged to me yesterday about how its easy to find ammo to resale, most of the times he frequents gun discussion boards to find out who has what or his contacts who also scalp ammo email or call him and they share information, and yes, he mentioned gunboards.com and aint a member, and I don't begrudge folks trying to make a living, though he already inheritied money and was early retired from a job due to bad back, but I really do believe they ought to work for the information themselves, I know I do, I spend some time looking around all the sources I know of, and find stuff, I noticed the non sponsor with 76n bout when it was listed yesterday evening, I refuse to mentionon it cause I believe the experienced buyers and shooters should be the ones to know, not the ticket and ammunition scalpers who apparently don't "work" for this sort of living, I heard some scalpers he knows don't even have internet service. Anyone who is unable to look themselves, cause they don't have to is definitely living an easier life than some of us, getting handed free money just for making the ammunition shortages even worse, and I have noted some here have not only griped and moaned over ammunition shortages and also mention who has what, regularly, from ammo to rifles.
By the way, that guy read of 76n from sponsors here and bought a quantity and has a local ad "no longer imported rare/valuable 5.45x39 ammunition, many crates, $450 per 1080 or $850/2160 crate", told his buddy in a state over who ordered somewhere in the ten thousands. and on, then was bugging me at the gunshop he hangs around about where to get 7.62x54r real cheap. His only downside is someone broke into his workshop and busted open an empty cabinet marked ammunition, which is why he sells ammo out of there but brings it out there if someone comes over to buy some, and always brings out another 2000 rounds just in case someone wants more and wants to see where its "at", has a full camera system, and alarm system, a real businessman out of his own home, cause of the good folks on alot of the boards.

I know where a person can order some real hard to get calibers, including .22lr for $40 a box of 500, and I ordered two boxes yesterday of a "popular brand", and I'm not telling the nations' ammo scalpers where it is at to order. If I hadn't bought a few extra boxes, I also know someplace that has large supply of ..................fmj and hollow tipped makarov 9x18 at $300/1000 case, And from experience I already knew various supplies of ammo make it to verious sellers after or bout the same time some others get ammo, and who probably will sell something for a lower price, which isn't really always a good thing if a company consistantly gets leftovers or lower grade guns or ammo or has bad service.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts