Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
11,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a few M27s over the years, but I think this one may be about as original and as-issued as I've personally handled. Note the stock made from a M91 stock, minus any trace of a rear sling slot. Plus, there is a trace of a DeustchesReich stamp on the buttstock.

"F" and "D" marked barrel shank, winged bolt connector, early front band configuration, bicycle/ski-troop front sling swivel, and it doesn't seem to have been refinished after the Continuation War.

Just a nice, original piece. Thanks to a fellow member locally on the chance to swap for this.

Can't tell what the tang date might have been... looks partially scrubbed.

Gun Rifle Trigger Firearm Air gun
Wood
Shotgun Wood Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Shotgun
Wood stain Wood Brown Hardwood Pattern
Revolver Shotgun
Circle Metal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105,717 Posts
That is a home run Earl!

·
Gold Bullet member
11,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did look under the buttplate. All I could make out was a "V".

Amazingly enough, this is the first M27 with the early type front band that I've actually owned (out of at least a dozen that I've found over the years). Not that I've been looking for one, as the reinforced design is just as proper.

It seems to be an accurate representation of an "as-issued" M27, being at the end of the window when the narrow modified M91 stocks and early bands were used.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
That's a really nice m27, Earl!!...a true, down-n-dirty warhorse lookin' Finn!!!...mine is a total mixmaster, Finn refurb'd, then mildly Bubba-finished...

...I like yours much better!!!... :thumbsup:

·
Gold Bullet member
11,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dredging up an old thread. I never really thought about it before, but where do the unmodified (i.e. original config) M27s fall out in rarity among M27 variants?

I only ask because I've managed 2 or 3 VKT M27s over the years, but I can't think of any other original config M27s that I've seen in person.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,108 Posts
Dredging up an old thread. I never really thought about it before, but where do the unmodified (i.e. original config) M27s fall out in rarity among M27 variants?

I only ask because I've managed 2 or 3 VKT M27s over the years, but I can't think of any other original config M27s that I've seen in person.
Agreed - the un-messed with, non-upgraded guns are tough tough tough! Serialed bolt connector, no SA or D. Hens teeth.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
My neighbour has an early m/27 in condition to die for. No upgrades, SA or D. Stock lacquer finish is almost completely there. The only con I noticed is that the barrel has been shortened from the rear, no date can be read. However, this was probably done before WW2, no dents or fresh shiny bubba marks from this can be seen.

That's pretty much the only good one I've handled. Well, I actually saw a war booty once in similar shape but the bolt was from m/91 Dragoon. I passed the gun but years have shown how darn stupid move that was!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.