Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bargains still to be found. While listed as "mismatched", the bolt not only matched itself, it also matched that pesky little number on the back of the bayonet lug. Dropped out as second from last bidder... running out of room in the closet and I have a nice Nagoya already. Congrats to winner!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120640474

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
It looks like the bolt has a 6 or 9 on it. I don't even see a picture of the bayonet lug. Did you get additional pictures?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Asked the seller. TK Longs are matched by assembly number; most sellers list them as mismatched when they aren't because they are looking at receiver SN. Bolt and bayonet lug number is 296. Number on lug is on back edge and not the bottom flat where it normally appears. I have gotten several matching TK longs listed as mismatched this way over the years.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Dang, I missed that one :( I'm still waiting on my "Christmas Gamble" to see if I bought a matching rifle.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
Decent rifle, shows what a 'slow' economy can do for prices.

·
Copper Bullet member
194 Posts
I am the winner of that auction. Figured I'd take a shot on the bolt matching the assy #. Rifle looked decent enough, but pics weren't very good. Still, I gambled. Although my getting it and finding matching #'s surprise is now ruined{thanks Brad}, I'll sleep better tonight!
I'll post pics when it gets here.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it will clean up very well. Tried to send you a congrats right after you won it, but the spammers and scammers have ruined the open communication.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Pod marks

Yes, I bookmarked that item, looked very clean and probably should have bought, I live half hour from seller. Did you see the pod marks on that example. Unfortunately, don't think I've ever seen a long for sale with the pod. Still like the "extras" Adog will get with the sling and bayo better!

·
Copper Bullet member
194 Posts
Thanks Brad. My old computer and old eyes being as they are, I'm still not sure if it has the AA wings. Did notice the pod marks though.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct AA wings (notched on both sides) are there from what I see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts