Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few Yugoslav Mauser items I've acquired but haven't taken the time to share.

First off, one of the 1200 round ammo crates used for the Yugoslav Model 38 7.92x57mm ammunition, along with some 1940 dated ammo on clips and in the boxes:

Next is a 1928 dated cartridge pouch with a nice, clear top stamp. It has some writing inside on one of the dividers, but I have no idea what it refers to:

Top stamp details:

Writing on the inside:

Lastly, here are some of that pouch's contemporaries, also dating from the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes:

Foreground: FN-H contract standard rifle; Middle: Kragujevac-produced standard rifle; Rear: German captured/modified standard rifle.
Best,
Pat

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice. I have been looking for the ammo pouch after I saw it in Branco's book. The BT3 marked ammo seems high quality components but I haven't actually shot any of it. Great rifles. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Real Nice collection there and those CXC are especially rare too. I just started a project to try and figure out how rare. I have a carbine serial # 14960 that is marked Kingdom of Yugoslavia so you know CXC production markings ended before that so there were fewer than 15000 CXC rifles produced over all. That's rare in any military production run but, considering the chances of such rifles surviving unmarked, they are even more remarkable to me.

Might I ask the highest serial number of the two? If you don't care to make the info public, could you PM me.

I also have a CXC but unfortunately it is a restored to mismatching rifle. Bubba got ahold of it first.
The rifle was given to me in an M48 stock. The bolt arm had been cut off and welded on bent with a nice big radius ground out of the bolt arm, presumably for a scope relief. It went right through the serial number for good measure. It would have been early 1929 production. I finally found a King Alexander cartouched stock that had not gone through refurb and had it's serial number stamped in the appropriate location on the stock for an early rifle. I replaced the bolt too so at least now it looks right and is as restored as it can be.

I think it's nice to have some of the extra 'accessories' too though mine are no where as complete as yours. I just picked up one of those ammo pouches off eBay last week.

The hat is a modern version. The medal is for WWII service I believe. (I have it wrote down somewheres but don't recall the specifics at the moment) The star pin I believe is WWII but, I won't swear to that. It has a screw on back.

·
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words Destroyer, I'm glad you like them!

Nice goodies, 'Nug! I like 'em. Also, good save on the restored rifle. I sent a PM to you.
Best,
Pat

·
Silver Bullet member
7,798 Posts
Sweet CXC rifles Pat and that 1928 pouch is super! Thanks for sharing

The Royal Yugo 8mm is some nice ammo the bullet is diff from the '50s..never weighed one and wondered was it the same..they are xtra pointy and good and accurate but I stopped shooting it after I was down to only a dozen or so boxes..started feeling bad everytime I broke the seal on one..Ha..its a sickness : )

·
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Painterjohn,
Thanks! I have the same hesitation with my M.30 ammo! It's just too darn pretty...

Hi John,
Using Branko's book as a reference, he shows an example of my pouch that he identifies as a Model 1930 pouch (page 103, Figure 4-16), although mine and Northernug's are dated 1928. He illustrates the Mannlicher M1895 pouches on page 124 (Figure 5-18), and those are distinctly different in that they are a two pocket design, as opposed to the single pocket with divider design of the Model 1930 pouch. They are both 'slanted' pouches, and the Mannlicher resembles the later FRJ SKS ammo pouch, although somewhat more cleanly made than it's later, Communist derivative.

Best,
Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.