Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not a Mosin, but I thought maybe some of you would enjoy this. Its my first acquisition since my three year collecting hiatus. I think its a very nice example of a Finn aquired M38 Carcano. Has the correct folding bayonet, and SA marked sling. It also came with about 25 rounds of 7.35 ammo which is hard to find nowadays. Anyways here are the pics...

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
The only reason I may ever pick up an Italian rifle, would be for an example like this one. Otherwise, absolutely zero interest in anything Italian. Very cool rifle. The bayonet is kind of cool too. Congrats, great find.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
A Finnish marked m/38 Corto bayonet will still set you back several hundred
+

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I as well have little to zero interest in Italian firearms, but if it has a finnish mark on it, I become instantly interested in it. Did anybody else notice the "blood pitting" on the tip of the bayonet??..haha
I prize my Finnish acquired firearms just as much as my Finnish made firearms....;)

Dragoons are some of my favorites as well :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I prize my Finnish acquired firearms just as much as my Finnish made firearms....;)

Dragoons are some of my favorites as well :)
Sounds like you have a great taste in rifles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Congratulations on a fine acquisition. I have two but sadly no bayonet to go with them. Be careful, Carcanos are addictive too. Fortunately some of the hardcore Carcano collectors seem to turn their noses up at Finn-marked ones. All the better for us, no?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.