Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,821 Posts
I would guess a sporter rescue, or some foreign user mixmaster the most likely scenarios. A lot of such rifles have been de-sportered and re-assembled back into military configuration for many years now. Some of the early CIA Balkan imports were not expensive (under $100) and got parted out if they had a nice stock. The stock number on the bottom edge is the German number for that stock originally. They put the s/n in that location up until 1941-maybe early 42. Not to be confused with the RC number stamped on the left side of the buttstock.

· Registered
3,821 Posts
The recoil cross bolt is marked 214. I would think it is probably original to the stock. Being a cupped buttplate and still having an external s/n, might have been from a duv 41 or 42 (BLM) rifle originally. See if the bayonet lug is marked as well as the buttplate. Probably the rifle was a 1990's import. They usually got stamped on the barrel back before ATF required the receivers to be marked.

· Registered
3,821 Posts
Try as I might, I could not for the life of me manage to make out any more detail than what it shown in this photo. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure this photo is more clear than I could see it with my own eyes. There is clearly a WaA mark there, the small eagle is visible, but the text below I cannot decipher. The H is also visible.

The number in the stock appears to be 290"?", so very likely not a matching stock.

I did find some markings beneath the buttplate, but no WaA marks on the buttplate. See the attached photo View attachment 3792580

Did you look inside the stock barrel channel? The s/n is also there and usually better condition than the external stock s/n stamping. I would agree that the stock is mismatched in any case. Was there any markings on the front edge of the bayonet lug base?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.