Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was advised to go see a supposed Lahti 9mm pistol rig, for $1200, but it says Husqvarna and I know it has to be a Swedish m40, real nice, but no SA mark, no shoulder stock lug I think Finn Lahtis are supposed to have. Now, I know they don't understand the difference cause it goes a little further than what they are used to, real friendly folks, but I wouldn't mind having the pistol if it was a m40 cause those are not as valuable except for the D marking, not even sure if it has that. It is relatively nice vg+ condition with holster and extra mag and tool, but if I remember rightly, the parts between a Lahti L35 and a Swedish M40 don't completely interchange, and the M40's are a little weaker I believe.

If it aint a stubborn consignment it is possible I could do the convincing for a lower price, or inform them properly that it aint a Lahti for sure and the differences, I mean, even for a consignment, I mean, I know it could embarrass them if a customer for instance brings in a turk long rifle and calls it a WW2 German sturmgewehr K98/etc, or help them understand they got ripped by a customer if they paid too much or too much in trade, etc.

·
Silver Bullet member
31,837 Posts
Way too high.

Saw several on GB, the only one with bids was up to $405. Others were asking over a grand but had no offers

·
Copper Bullet member
9,814 Posts
In "Completed Auctions", I found a few M40s that went in the $750-850-ish range.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went back over there to the gunshop partially to pick up a 1939 mosin 91/30 Tula with very good to vg+ bore and muzzle crown with bayo and accessories with bout 20 rounds winchester reloadable softpoints for $150, and I verified it is a m40 husqvarna, and mentioned it to the owners wife cause he is still home recovering from a broken ankle, and he was the one who took it in and named it or it was purported to be Lahti, so who knows what I will hear back. It has only two mags total, and I didn't mention it to them, but it is "D" marked in the serial number for Danish contract. Pistol is in near 100% blueing, holster is older looking with no distinguishing marks I could discern, so technically it has probably somewhere in that range. I sort of wanted a lower end model to try out some light loads, or such. The gun shop religiously uses a blue book of gun values for values and identification.

The way it is around my area, it will likely sit there for a long time, and they don't seem to sell online at all, they ought to. I'm not really worried about it unless it was somewhere round $600, with the D marking I am sure it is a $800 plus gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.