Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good thing is I found a nice Mauser G33/40 with its original stock for a good price. The bad thing is The bolt isn't a 33/40 bolt it's a standard K98K bolt. So now my quest is for a G 33/40 bolt. Probably like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
I think it may be easier to find a bolt than you think.
I've had a few pass through my hands in the last two years, sold them on e-pay....
Of course, that circus has left town, so you need to network with other collectors, which it turns out, is the BEST way to procede anyway!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Chasdev, I can hardly believe it. I have been looking for 5 years! Where do you find these? On the rare occasion I found one on ebay it quickly climbed to ridiculous amounts- I saw one go for $500 for just the stripped bolt body! That's almost the value of a mismatched 33/40 with improper bolt! And every time I posted on the trader, no responses. So if you get another in, you have two ready buyers...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I think it may be easier to find a bolt than you think.
I've had a few pass through my hands in the last two years, sold them on e-pay....
Of course, that circus has left town, so you need to network with other collectors, which it turns out, is the BEST way to procede anyway!
Actually they haven't gone as far afield as many believe. I don't know where they draw the line, but not long ago I looked and there were many bolts offered along with bayos and numerous other evil gun parts.

Sorry but I wasn't looking for the bolt in question so didn't notice. So don't totally pass up on epain as a gun part source.

·
Gold Bullet Member
768 Posts
Jimmy
I have a G33/40 bolt if interested PM me.

Rad

·
Silver Bullet member
1,782 Posts
I hate to be dumb, but what does the bolt look like. I have a friend with a box of bolts he got from an old gunsmith that died 20 yrs ago.
I will look thru the box, though I know a few have had the handles cut off.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HerrMesser PM sent thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts