Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
9,286 Posts
I asked him and he confirmed that the import says MM Huntington Beach CA.
Yeah, that's what I thought. :( Pending more pics, I think it's a legit PU (some Michells are). The downer is that it may adversely affect resale value, as Mitchell has acquired a nasty reputation for humping Mausers. Plus most of the PUs they sell are repros and they don't differentiate between those and real ones like this rifle.

· Banned
9,286 Posts
Thanks for the info Ol' Relic. He got it for 380.00 so either way, he's either got a nice PU sniper or a nice shooter....what other pics would you like and will have him send them to me
Well, if he got it for that price, I'll toast him with a tall draft Stella when I get to the restaurant the wife is driving us to as I type this. :laugh:

Detail pics of the bolt handle, scope base and both sides of the mount would be useful.

· Banned
9,286 Posts
Looks completely legit to me, that's a wartime Izhevsk mount. He made out like a bandit on that deal-with the bore condition being what you said, I'd have bought that one if I'd run into it locally at, probably, up to $600 or so.

· Banned
9,286 Posts
This thread has me wondering if my PU is a real , (original refurb).

. . . You kind folks mind telling me certain traits to look for to determine if it is "as issued" or otherwise.
Post up some detail pics of it.

+1, saddly true. The man (Mitchell) has no one to blame but himself.
Sometimes, things become just about the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.