Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every now and then I get lucky and manage to pick up a pair;

On top I have a 1933 M27 in a ski stock,numbers match. This is an AV3 stock, which I believe comes from Germany. It came with this SA sling. It looks like a soldier wrote his name on the stock, however I can't be sure because I don't read Finnish. I have three M27's they are all dated 1933 in the ski stock so I will assume this is a high production year for the M27. Very nice rifle.

The second addition is this SA 1917 Sestroryetsk, it matches in three places minus the magazine. The bolt is forced matched. It came with this sling and no handguard. The stock is Russian and the bolt is centered on one side and almost centered on the other, it's not a two piece stock. The eagle on the shank is crossed out and then restamped, I'm not sure what that means. This is an interesting rifle as with many M91's.

Chef

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Nice pair!! I've never had a Sestroyetsk, someday :) Yes, 1933 was a big production year... there was just a long thread about that recently. Based on the serial number ranges, I show 1931, 1932 & 1933 as all being years where over 10,000 M27s were produced at Tikka.

Why do you say the M-27 stock came from Germany?

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
I think he is saying the wood came from Germany.

·
Gold Bullet Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pair!! I've never had a Sestroyetsk, someday :) Yes, 1933 was a big production year... there was just a long thread about that recently. Based on the serial number ranges, I show 1931, 1932 & 1933 as all being years where over 10,000 M27s were produced at Tikka.

Why do you say the M-27 stock came from Germany?
Hey Brian, it seems like I read somewhere, a few years back, that the Finns purchased these stocks from Germany made of Nut Wood or European Walnut, however I am unable to find that information in writing."I might have lost a few brain cells between now and then."

I still don't own an M28.

Chef

·
Gold Bullet member
2,294 Posts
I didn't know if you meant it had a German capture mark or something. I can barely wrap my head around the "nutwood" thing but I am trying.

No question I've lost more brain cells than I could afford to part with ;)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
The "nutwood" comments can be found on the m27 page on Mosinnagant.net, FYI :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.