Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vic Soto was in Las Vegas this weekend and asked to review my snipers more closely (some bayonets too). Vic came over this morning and as these reside in several different safes, rarely come out together. So, after he left took a couple pictures. From bottom up, Kokura T97 2.5x, Kokura T99 2.5x (the one I just got), a Nagoya T99 4x, a Nagoya T99 cutback 2.5x, and a late Nagoya T99 4x ajustable. I know I posted a couple pictures earlier this year, but thought you would like. Enjoy - Skid Will post over on the Sniper board also.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
Nice collection

Very nice group, thanks for going to the trouble to do the picts.

I believe I see a spare 4x scope in there, you must send it to me immediately! ;-)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Arisaka Sniper

Hi.. Nice Sniper colection.. Got a question. What would be a good reference book on Arisaka Snipers.. I have a 4X7 Scope and I am trying to find out what woud be the correct sniper rifle for it, or is it correct for both the 97 and 99?

Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
RylanG,
Vic Soto's sniper book, published by Banzai, is listed on the cover of your T 99 book, it is the best there is. Your 4x7 scope is correct for my scopeless T 99, so you need to send it to me!

It would be correct for a Nagoya sniper with the large base, and should be in the serial ranges: 1-5000 and 7000 to 10000. The 4x adjustable scope also shows up in these ranges, the adjustable 4x is much less frequently found.

2.5 x scopes, similar to the T97 scope, but marked T99, were used in the 5000 to 7000 range. The two do not interchange, as the base on the rifle is different.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,860 Posts
Fantastic snipers Skid. Thanks for posting. Gotta find me an adjustable. Also need to find a pile of cash to buy it with.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Re: Sniper book - It will be reprinted as soon as Vic and Lynda get together and Vic's new data gets in the computer. This one will have photos. Several years ago while living in Tuscaloosa, I planned a sniper book. I talked with the Audio-Visual people at the University of ALabama about taking the photos, got the OK from the campus cops to bring rifles on campus and paid to have photos taken. They were not what I hoped for, but not too bad.

I also made a note in the front page of every book I read on actual snipers encounterd in combat, not just "...a sniper shot at me." I had hoped to have a section on actual Japanese snipers encountered in combat. If I can con Ruth into helping pull the books and looking for notes I may include that. As I remember, I've only run across one reference to an actual scoped rifle used by the Japanese, that was on Attu. I know in the book "Marine" about Chesty Puller it says that two out of three Japanese on Peleliu were equipped with scoped rifles, but think that's a pot of B. S.

Would be interested in any references to the actual use of (1) scopped rifles in combat and (2) snipers in trees.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey 03man... You want the scope? PM if you do.

RylanG,
Vic Soto's sniper book, published by Banzai, is listed on the cover of your T 99 book, it is the best there is. Your 4x7 scope is correct for my scopeless T 99, so you need to send it to me!

It would be correct for a Nagoya sniper with the large base, and should be in the serial ranges: 1-5000 and 7000 to 10000. The 4x adjustable scope also shows up in these ranges, the adjustable 4x is much less frequently found.

2.5 x scopes, similar to the T97 scope, but marked T99, were used in the 5000 to 7000 range. The two do not interchange, as the base on the rifle is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts