Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a few Finnish M39 rifles and really don't know much about the different variants of the Russian M91/30. This one is a 1937 Tula that is mismatched and not import marked. It has a different type of sling swivel and a stamp on the stock that looks like "NCL". Not sure if this is Russian modified/stamped or not. The rifle does have a prestine bore, something I have never seen in a M91/30 (but, I've seen only a dozen or so M91/30s).

I did check 7.62x54R's excellent Mosin Nagant reference site and am too dumb to find any info on this old rifle.
Comments?

Here are some crappy photos of the M91/30.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The stock marking is not familar to me. But, the sling swivels and year of the rifle are typical of a Spanish Civil War used 91/30.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
I agree probably Spanish CW use.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
SCW Mosin, maybe? I can't make out the sling hangers, but that was my first impression.

Poot

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The stock marking is not familar to me. But, the sling swivels and year of the rifle are typical of a Spanish Civil War used 91/30.
That looks like the flaming bomb that is on some SCW rifles. It's larger than the ones I have seen though...

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Very old thread, I know, but ArcticM39's PM box is full, ha!

I know I sent you a PM a few weeks ago asking to use the photo of the "NCL" cartouche on my SCW site, but I'm not sure if you received my reply ArcticM39. Credit would go to you, of course. It's one of only a few known examples of this cartouche, and they all appear on probable SCW rifles. While the exact meaning is unknown, there are some theories. This is a great rifle in any case, so I don't feel badly bumping it back up for the sake of asking this, haha!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes, the NCL logo is associated with SCW, someone on another board wrote a huge essay about this. Stock looks refinished on this one, only some of the SCW rifles got the Made in USSR mark, many did not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts