Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for these for a while so it was extra fun when I picked these up from my FFL this morning.

Star Firestar

Astra A-90

I will get to the range in the next few days for testing but I anticipate the A-90 to be pretty much like the A-80 and A-100 both of which are terrific shooters. The Firestar feels great in hand (I like the heft of a steel gun) and I'm looking forward to shooting it.

The A-90 fills a slot. Now it is time to look for an A-70 (I have an A-60 not in this pic)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I got to the range today and was very pleased with the Firestar and the A-90. Both shot very well with the Firestar being pickier about the ammo. I had some rough looking steel cased 9mm I picked up in a trade sometime back so after a couple mags of decent brass cased rounds, I thought I would try to shoot some of it up. The A-90 just churned through it without a hiccup but the Firestar choked on it. I mention this in praise of the Astra and not as a criticism of the Star. The Star ran brass cased rounds just fine. The steel cases had some corrosion which made them drag in the magazine and in the chamber so it was a surprise when the A-90 just didn't care. I shot the Astra more accurately but it is a nice heavy full sized pistol.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Phil, I recently got this old beat up looks like it was drug behind a Jeep and shot 2,000,000 rounds.....Star B........took it out today and except for the empty case bouncing off my hard head....it shot great. Thanks a lot :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phil, I recently got this old beat up looks like it was drug behind a Jeep and shot 2,000,000 rounds.....Star B........took it out today and except for the empty case bouncing off my hard head....it shot great. Thanks a lot :D
Well, I am glad it stayed together. I was afraid to shoot it as I thought it might blow up and spoil my good looks. I also took some initial shots with a recently acquired AR-15. Cool gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts