Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up is a M70AB2 I built a couple years ago. Was waiting on a build party but one day I realized I had the kit, the receiver, and the compliance parts just SITTING there and a day off... so I made a rivet smasher and went to town. The rivets are ugly, but they are tight and by God I did it without even a decent bench vice.

Then I grabbed this WASR-2 single stack at Dunham's the day after Turkey Day for $275. It's a work in progress... Next up is to swap the front sight base for a Bulgarian one and stick a US-made ak74 compensator on the thing.

I've put hundreds of rounds through the Yugo, but still am waiting on my 5.45 ammo from Rguns. :mad: Ordered 11/30/08...

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
That Yugo looks good from here skywarp! ...and you will find the WASR-2 in 5.45 to be a lot of fun. Practice up on your "bumpfire" technique, it's a "blast"!...and still reasonable to do with the price of 5.45.
usrifle

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John!

Been hard, lately, to decide which rifle to have "ready to go" if you know what I mean. The AR is right there, and I trust it 100%, but the M70 is sitting there too with more loaded mags at hand...

Can't wait for that stupid ammo to show up. :mad:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
M70 looks great!
Are you sure that the Bulgarian FSB will fit on your Romanian barrel? I did some research on doing the same thing a while back and I thought the Romanian barrel was too thin for the Bulgarian parts.
I could be wrong. Double check before you spend the bucks.

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
Thanks John!

Been hard, lately, to decide which rifle to have "ready to go" if you know what I mean. The AR is right there, and I trust it 100%, but the M70 is sitting there too with more loaded mags at hand...

Can't wait for that stupid ammo to show up. :mad:
Yes, i know what you mean. CQB "home defense" style, begs a 12 gauge...But, the AK will work EVERY time. No ammo sensativity, shorter and more handy for tight spots.
I have a Bushmaster with a 14.5" GG&G Urban "Dominator" Tactical upper, but for close in work without any CQB optic/Laser the AK is my rifle.
If your needing longer range accuracy, no question the AR is the ticket....But the AK with the .30 cal bullet is hard to beat up close.
usrifle

·
Registered
251 Posts
"I've put hundreds of rounds through the Yugo, but still am waiting on my 5.45 ammo from Rguns. :mad: Ordered 11/30/08... "
i'm still waiting on 5.45 from rguns from 11/28, really pissed at this point, phone call tomorrow

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sky,

The rifles look awesome! Really wish I would have purchased a 5.45x39 when I had the chance (ya oh shit day is 14 days away).

For all out there that think the "End" is coming. I agree, and as "Law Enforcement" (along with 90 % of my brothers/sisters) of those I talk to, I WILL HAND IN MY COMMISSON CARD the day shit head say's lets take away the CITZENS RIGHT TO BARE ARMS!

I for one plan to keep the arms and ammo I have; courtesy of all the Red Blooded AMERICANS that shed their blood for me and YOU!

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.