Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scouring the local pawn shops today and snagged this one for $225.It's obviously an R/C with the m/m parts and "x" on the receiver,but MAN,what a piece of timber attached to it! The '37-ish walnut eagle-L and Wiemar marked stock is clean and sharp edged,no sanding marks or Russkie added marks anywhere.As a matter of fact,I've had this one apart and can't find a trace of an importer's mark on any metal,if not for the "X",I'd say some 3rd world countries rebuild,come via Vietnam or Desert Storm. Also,what does the "R" on the chamber step indicate? Never noted that before. The bores nice and very little frost in the grooves.The stock number on the bottom doesn't match the rec. of course,but also has the eagles below it on the heel bottom edge and a couple more faint ones on the grip.Most all parts have either WaA655 or 63 on them,but the only matching #s are the rec. and barrel.No electro pencil crap either.Looks as maybe somebody took an early RC and dropped in a Nice Luftwaffe marked stock. View attachment 10779

View attachment 10780

View attachment 10781

View attachment 10782

View attachment 10783

View attachment 10784

View attachment 10785

View attachment 10786

View attachment 10788

View attachment 10792

·
Registered
19 Posts
Indeed a great find!! And that stock is gorgeous!! Just when ya think you may not find a decent piece out there anymore, one pops up..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pawn Shop Find

Now THATS a pretty stock. If one of my local pawn shops in Alabama had one, either it would be twice the price, or the stock would look like an old barn's wood. Great find.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Lots of RCs (with Xs) went to Vietnam...

tim

As a matter of fact,I've had this one apart and can't find a trace of an importer's mark on any metal,if not for the "X",I'd say some 3rd world countries rebuild,come via Vietnam or Desert Storm. Also,what does the "R" on the chamber step indicate? Never noted that before. The bores nice and very little frost in the grooves.The stock number on the bottom doesn't match the rec. of course,but also has the eagles below it on the heel bottom edge and a couple more faint ones on the grip.Most all parts have either WaA655 or 63 on them,but the only matching #s are the rec. and barrel.No electro pencil crap either.Looks as maybe somebody took an early RC and dropped in a Nice Luftwaffe marked stock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That a nice looking BYF and a very nice looking piece of furniture with flat butt plate. I have 2; a 1941 & 44 with cup butt plates and lammie stocks but not as nice as your's. My stocks have been scrubbed. :mad: Good find and price.
Claude

1 - 14 of 14 Posts