Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still learning were to place things on board, I'm going threw some stuff from gunsmith estate, And I'm a bit green, anywot I assume this might be a Wincherter Stock, and trigger mech for Breakdown? Not sure. here are photos the whole thing is about 17 1/2 inches. I did find a website to buy tear downs, when I have a couple grand I'm going to order them but in mean time Help Please. thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd guess Rem. M-12 .22 or M-14 .25-20 based on the latch in front of the triggerguard, which is the slide release.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes me wonder if the front half was in there somewhere...
I'm sure it was some place, problem was everything was all over the place gun shells all over the floor mixed in with tooling,If it was not for the lathe I bought I would not of chanced it, the place is still a acciendent waiting to happen, one of the family members started a boom fire out back and one family member heard a pop, well, I left, and went back at different time( everyone Ok), I bought what I thought was ok or fixable, no expert with this stuff, everything was in strip mode. a big shame about 60gun barrels no good very deep rust. I was able to save a 1873, a model 61,a couple winchester recievers and a spring field barrel, and a Remington Octagon barrel and a bunch of parts and about 30 or so butt plates, Remington, browning, winchester, ithaca, a couple I think that might be military, there were a few other rare things but were way beond saving not even for wall hanging, there were about 20 guns hanging in rafters in garage just gone, black green and white mold all over.30 years in damp basement, the kids had no clue that that was all sitting going to waste.and I saved a bunch of double barrel recievers not sure what they go to, so for now I threw them in a bucket of oil,greased most things up till I can clean them.Thats about it. I did manage to get one gun that was not in basement a 25-20 only problem barrel was relued and had that odd ball scop on it with the barrel tapped for scope still trying to chase this down, anyways I'm going to clean that one bought a box of ammo $70 for a box of 50 rounds- and yes I bought reloading dies just wanted to fire the thing.thats about it thanks for all the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.