·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
480 Posts
k98

Awesome , Pector teach'em young (I've got a 4 year old). He already shot my mossberg 22.
It was a guys weekend up-north, Charlie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cute kid!

I think he has the expression of just about everybody that I have seen shooting the M38 for the first time. I'll be sure and show this one to my buddies. Excellent!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That's great!! My Grandson is 5. He's been looking over my collection since he was 3. Good opportunity for me to teach him about gun safety etc. Won't be long before I'll have a new "range buddy" to shoot with.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Cool kid, proper safety, and good times! Perhaps get him some wrap-around goggles to go over the glasses and ear glugs that'll enable him better movement around the buttstock.

Congratulations on a great range buddy and thanks for the vids!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great vids, only coment I have may be reminding him to keep finger off trigger utill he is rady to shoot, a couple of times with the M38 he is looking and talking to you with finger on trigger. Other than that it was great the interest he has taken.

Hey Mosinluver, Cut him some slack he is only 9. I have adult freinds that refuse to even shoot some of my Mosins.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My two sons went from the "BB" gun to a ruger 10/22 and in there teens to an sks. My youngest son said WOW after shooting the sks. I broke in my oldest son when he was 18 with the 30-06(hunting). The kid is shooting more accurate than i am now.

I also taught them to shoot no living thing unless there going to eat it. They shot soda cans and targets.

·
Diamond Bullet member
5,536 Posts
Love that joy

That look was priceless. Boys are great when they discover something new and wonderful.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,792 Posts
Enjoy these years with your son. The memories will endure long after many others have faded...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great vids, only coment I have may be reminding him to keep finger off trigger utill he is rady to shoot, a couple of times with the M38 he is looking and talking to you with finger on trigger. Other than that it was great the interest he has taken.

Hey Mosinluver, Cut him some slack he is only 9. I have adult freinds that refuse to even shoot some of my Mosins.
I do keep reminding them about the trigger finger. I couldn't figure out why he stubbornly kept putting that booger hook up there and then I realized that 1 finger was "safe" to him. He shoots with 2 fingers. I still keep pointing it out to him so he doesn't get into a bad habit.

I'll be adding the vids of him shooting my 91/24 Carcano and French MAS-36, then his sister shooting the K31 and Yugo 24/47. I got them both shooting their new favorite; the M1 Carbine. I'm anxious for them to study WWII in school.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I started my Nieces 2 kids shooting last August at 11 & 12 yrs old. Going back up next week for the 4th time. I take different weapons up each time.
Here they are last yr - staged after we quit shooting - and with their Christmas presents.
She doesn't like the full size - 30/06, 8mm & 303 - military rifles, to much recoil, but does fine on everything else.
Start them young and teach them right!
Sage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
95 Posts
Show me another picture of him freehanding it w/o recoil pad then i will be inpressed
We're all impressed with your spelling.

He's 9, the idea is to encourage him and make it enjoyable enough that he will not be able to get enough of it and then he brags to all his friends making them want to try shooting.

Or we use your method and take away his recoil pad and make him shoot Hungarian Yellow Tip until his shoulder turns purple and he says "Dad, this isn't fun any more, can I get my game boy out of the truck."

What will truly impress most of us will happen in another 9 years when he is old enough to buy his own rifle and he starts making his own trips to the range, dragging his buddies with him. That is where the future of our beloved sport lies.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
my nephews 9..ive taken him 2 times and the kids addicted now..ive got a pic on my phone of the results of him shooting my mosin......gotta give him credit..he came back for more!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts