Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually used 9X18 Powr'Ball ammunition out of a Mak for self-defense, or know any reports on its stopping power? I have some, and would like to know how good of a round it is based on real world use. Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,410 Posts
You're looking for someone who has shot someone with 9x18 Powr'ball, and how well it worked????

In my own opinion, you have the wrong forum.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You're looking for someone who has shot someone with 9x18 Powr'ball, and how well it worked????

In my own opinion, you have the wrong forum.
Ummmm..... Yeah..... Not quite sure how to read that one. Maybe he is just looking for expansion, penetration, and chronograph data for that round. I am hoping that that's what he's looking for....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expansion, penetration, and chronograph data will work. Would like to have some "box o' truth" style results or something to that end. I'm trying to gauge the stopping power of the round. I have never heard of it being used in a real-life self-defense situation.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The 9X18 round must have been effective

Used for 40 years as the main side arm in nearly half of the world. The Powr'Ball Ammo itself might be an even more effective version.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have chronographed the 9x18 in excess of 1350 fps out of an EG Mak. Only victim to fall to it was a pretty small ground hog. Penetration was obviously complete and expansion was evident. It replaced the Brown Bear 115 HPs as in the gun ammunition for me.

Historically Corbon ammunition is the only manufacturerer that chronos higher than advertised. Black Hills sometims as well. This is for all munitions not just 9x18.

·
Administrator
7,410 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts