Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Puyallup October show is billed as the biggest in Washington State. And it is big. I haven't been to a lot of other state's shows other than Texas, but I'll say this triples the size of the average Texas Saxon gun show.

For 9x18 it was pretty dismal, and I live in the heart of Makarov country. There was an IJ-70 for $350 and a great looking PA-63 for $200. I didn't see any other 9x18s.

For ammo: only one vendor was selling current rounds. Realize there were ammunition tables galore. This one seller had Silver Bear HP and Wolf 100-grain for $10/box. And the steel-cased 24-round box Sellier & Bellot for $4.50.

My bud NWPete came away with a great Vaquero in .45 Colt with a fitted .45 acp cylinder, but afterwards he barked at me because I voiced that it was such a great pistol and I blew his negotiations. I have to learn gun show negotiations a bit better.

Sorry ST: too many folks around the Mosins and Enfields. I can't tell them apart much less find the good deals.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Concerned....

That's disappointing, NB.

I was under the impression the Monroe show was bigger. Not sure why, just heard that. Either way, one could hope to see more 9x18.

Do you suppose it's just that particular venue, or is 9Mak growing scarce in our neck of the woods? For the first time, while shooting at a new indoor range and proshop over here, the proprietor was unable to sell me any 9x18 to practice with. I found myself reluctant to shoot up even one mag of my carry ammo!

I was willing to make excuses for what happens to be a new shop, but..... Now with your trouble at the WAC show....

-S

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Spike:

The Puyallup show is always the bigger of the two and is at least twice the size of the Monroe show. Monroe isn't quite as crowded most times. Man there were a lot of people in Puyallup.

Where's the new range?

I think people are holding onto their Maks. I haven't seen a Bulgarian or an EG at a show for some time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You know, the last time ammo went up, I stocked some reloadable brass and a few bullets but never got to the point of needing to put them together... Looks like those days could be here again for a spell, although I'm still sitting on enough fodder to keep my meager plinking alive for some time, but one never knows what the future holds...

Actually, come to think of it, I picked up 700rds of Silver Bear for $4.25 a box this summer while buying some 8mm off a guy - good buy I guess.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm sure holding MINE.....

Where's the new range?
Sorry, No. Bender. My default was set to Do Not Subscribe.... I was wondering.... Duh.

You remember "Champion Arms" down on the strip there in Fife just off the 5? Little pro shop, never carried a selection to speak of, mostly into accessories and custom smithing? Little hole in the wall between like an X-Rated book store and a Teriyaki joint...?

Yeah well, they moved to Kent/Renton. Opened a full gunshop and indoor range. Still a dungeon, like all the ranges around here (unless you count that place in Bellevue, but they have.... investigations....) but it's somewhere to go when it's nasty out (or it's Monday or Tuesday).

I've been there a few times. Their prices are still a bit high (overhead), but they seem promising. Enjoyable range. Safe. If a bit interpretive about what "rapid fire" is....

Why don't these places invest in some decent LIGHTING??

-S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.