Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering if how many forum members have a Type 99 carbine they have made up from a parts gun or one that had been bubba'd ? What Arsenal and Series rifle was it made from and how does it shoot ? Mine was made from a ground mum, miss-matching, Kokura 21st.Series and it shoots pretty good. Can anyone post a photo of theirs ? Thanks

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
I have four. (1) a Nagoya, SN "11," the late Don Harper and a friend, we'll call him "Joe," made to fool some "know it all" at a Salt Lake City show. It was a Substitute Type 99 and the receiver was roughed with a file and at the same time all serial numbers were removed except the last two, the "11". On the receiver bottom is stamped, D A "J" M T R (Don and "Joe" made this rifle.)

(2) Don't remember the series or SN (not sure I still have it?) , but the mum was restamped twice, the second time the tool jumped a bit so you have two mums, one slightly off-set. The rifle's serial number is also stamped on the left side of the chamber.

(3) If you are a B'ZAI subscriber you know this one as the "midget submarine carbine sniper" used to shoot sea gulls off the sub's parascope. It's a standard, "Red Neck Arsenal" carbine that Odie cut down and grooved the receiver for a reproduction scope mount. It has a pod rear band with a shortened repro pod. The ground area was rounded off smooth and I plan to have an anchor engraved there.

(4) Same as #3 but made from a butchered T-2. It has the scope mount, short pod, and one of the T-2 stocks made by the guy in The Dalles, OR, shortened to carbine length. Odie, and RCB (Riceone) did a fair share of the work. The "two" on the receiver was changed to a "three" and my initials in a circle were added to the receiver over the former mum position.

I've shot a couple, don't remember which ones, but a lot more "fun" than the 8mm Carcano carbines!

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I have a cut down T99 series 1, mummed and matching. It's roughly the same size as a T38 carbine and is fun to shoot (not a lot of recoil, but fairly loud). The only addition I made was to remove the sight and replace it with a Series 7 short ladder sight to give it more of a carbine ambiance. I also keep trying to remind myself to get a repo cleaning rod and have it shortened to fit the rifle.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I have several, a series 7 carbine, a series 23 jungle carbine, a series 3 trench rifle, and a couple more t-99's I have to dig out to see what they were. fun little guns to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts