Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a very abused K98k at a show a couple weeks ago. Just getting around to tearing it down. The bolt although matching to itself, I think was made up from parts of various eras.

The underside of the bolt body has E/6, Wiermar eagle, E/6. The firing pin has had one numbered X'd out and then numbered to bolt, on the other side it has a "S28" is that a Simson mark? The bolt shroud, safety and cocking piece appear to be nazi era. The safety is marked E/623. All the parts have been numbered to match and appear to be arsenal done.

I was wondering if the bolt body and firing pin were originally intended for a 98b?

All comments appreciated.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I know right where it is headed, into a 1926 dated Simson. Does the S28 on the firing pin indicate that it was Simson also?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
S28=Simson.. I don't think so.

I think its WOK or DWM personally, though we don't have enough information yet. In the MRJ we have had a series of articles and correspondence on this very subject (every issue the last year almost!) – not surprisingly I try to include Simson Suhl in every issue, even if it’s superficially!

Anyway, nice parts for sure; does this f/p have an acceptance on it? If so image it? These usually have a unique acceptance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts