Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi a friend of mine hawe an old 98k stock made of bakelitte, are those reare? and what is the price one them siense he wants to sell it? i gonna take a look at it tomorrow and i wonder is there anyting spesial i gonna look fore? . :confused:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Plastic K98k Stock

The experimental K98k plastic stock was produced by Mauser Borsigwalde, and is seen on rifles coded S/243 and 243. In BBOTW Law states they were produced in 1940, but legitimate examples have been seen on S/243 1937 K98k rifles. The plastic stocks are manufactured of a hollow fabric base and then laminated with ureaformaldehyde plastic. They are then molded to shape and covered with lacquer. They are very rare and worth big dollars. But some have reproduced them after the war. I would imagine your friend has a postwar reproduction, because only a handfull of real ones exist in the United States.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Offer him $50, then you can't lose even if it's fake.
If it's not, you just won a used late model Camry...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi the guy that hawe it was an gunsmith that had many stocks after converting old 98k s to hunting rifles, but this was the only one in bakelitte he had ewer seen. he want about 1500 dollars fore it , is it wourt it if its real? i try take some pics tomorrow.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
I would go after all the OTHER k98 (wood) stocks as they are a known commodity and VERY sellable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.