Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Well your knowledge of the importance of the Afghan situation on the Peshwar port only shows how little you really know of the NATO problem in that region.

Khe Sahn, Khe Sahn.
Uh, there is no port in Peshawar, it's several hundred miles from the ocean.

As for Khe Sahn, we won the battles of the hills there and the NVA withdrew. You might want to read a little Keith Nolan before you post. It won't humiliate you so badly.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Nope, you know I enjoy these posts, that is why I put them up.
So you post these comments to show how little knowledge you have of political/military affairs and geography? That's quite a stance, advertising that you're ignorant.

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Uh, there is no port in Peshawar, it's several hundred miles from the ocean.

As for Khe Sahn, we won the battles of the hills there and the NVA withdrew. You might want to read a little Keith Nolan before you post. It won't humiliate you so badly.
Yeah, you're kidding yourself if you think this country could endure battles that lasted as long as Khe Sahn.

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So you post these comments to show how little knowledge you have of political/military affairs and geography? That's quite a stance, advertising that you're ignorant.
Islamabad: About 100 vehicles destined for the U.S.-led NATO forces in Afghanistan were on Monday set ablaze by heavily armed pro-Taliban militants in Peshawar, in the second such attack in as many days.

"in Peshawar". Did you read it?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Wow, you're now speaking for the entire country, as well as the couch-bound set. That's quite a task. Who appointed you? Do you know how long the Siege of Khe Sahn lasted?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Islamabad: About 100 vehicles destined for the U.S.-led NATO forces in Afghanistan were on Monday set ablaze by heavily armed pro-Taliban militants in Peshawar, in the second such attack in as many days.

"in Peshawar". Did you read it?
Yes, and no matter how you slice it, Peshawar is still in the NWFP not Afghanistan (you know where that is right?). Are you so demented as to not realize that this happened in a sovereign country where there is no NATO force or mandate?

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yes, and no matter how you slice it, Peshawar is still in the NWFP not Afghanistan (you know where that is right?). Are you so demented as to not realize that this happened in a sovereign country where there is no NATO force or mandate?
Yes, I know that NATO doesn't have a mandate in Pak. You know I know that.

Is it your professional opinion, and I ask you this in all sincerity, that we can win in Afghanistan without a land route for supply.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Yes, I know that NATO doesn't have a mandate in Pak. You know I know that.

Is it your professional opinion, and I ask you this in all sincerity, that we can win in Afghanistan without a land route for supply.
But, of course, you won't admit you were wrong and you blindly took Peshawar to be a port city. As for a land supply route, ours hasn't been cut yet, so why comment on something that hasn't happened?

· Registered
190 Posts
But, of course, you won't admit you were wrong and you blindly took Peshawar to be a port city. As for a land supply route, ours hasn't been cut yet, so why comment on something that hasn't happened?
What I'd like to know is where are you guys going to get all the money/resources/personnel to do all this happy stuff?
I live in one of the largest cities in the US and I have main roads right here (not on the other side of the planet) less than two miles from the downtown area that are so bad that you can hardly drive on them, especially in bad weather.
Were is all this going to come from?
I can tell you where, but the answer wouldn't be printable.

JK:mad:

· Registered
1,366 Posts
I live in one of the largest cities in the US and I have main roads right here (not on the other side of the planet) less than two miles from the downtown area that are so bad that you can hardly drive on them, especially in bad weather.
Doesn't your city have a "wheel tax"?
Streets and Roads around here have improved greatly and continue to do so.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.