Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
  • Mind pointing to the Military Geniuses in this list of advisors to the senility Council?
Their main operations these days appears to be some scheme to legalize Opium production.
A bunch of academics , third rate politicians, chemists and washed up ex Narcs.
Looking to gain control of the Opium output with some licensing and taxation scheme.

Given how inept our job on Afghanistan has been, they can't do any worse than NATO.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Your claim
Phuck, they've gone from 54% to 72% control in Afghanistan?
Isn't even supported by your quote from the article.

The Taliban has a permanent presence in 72% of the territory of Afghanistan
Presence does not mean control.

And the source is not particularly credible.

Calm down and try to at least use the words in the articles you post instead of wildly running about like a chicken with your head cut off everytime you find an obscure article that you hope can support your gloom and doom scenarios.

PS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw-Haw

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Your claim

Isn't even supported by your quote from the article.

Presence does not mean control.

And the source is not particularly credible.

Calm down and try to at least use the words in the articles you post instead of wildly running about like a chicken with your head cut off everytime you find an obscure article that you hope can support your gloom and doom scenarios.
Right, sure. Everything is going slendidly in Afghanistan. NATO is winning.

Tell you what, try clicking your heels three times and saying "there's no place like home" and maybe that will work out for you.

I know Amtraker has been reduced to doing that, so why not give it a try yourself?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Ha! When I posted this summer how badly the situation in Pakistan you mocked that.

Don't you get tired of defending a FUBAR like this COIN in that region?

Don't worry, Obama will be in office in a little over a month, maybe things will get better.
Interesting how you failed to differentiate two entirely different countries in your monologue and acknowledged that Peshawar was a PORT. To use your own trite terms, I was RIGHT and you were WRONG. So much for the Armchair ANALyst.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Given how inept our job on Afghanistan has been, they can't do any worse than NATO.
Once again, BR tries to mask his ineptitude and inexperience with a long cut and paste response. Are you this boring at home? Does your wife tell you to play on the computer, so you won't pester her? lol.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts

Tell you what, try clicking your heels three times and saying "there's no place like home" and maybe that will work out for you.

I know Amtraker has been reduced to doing that, so why not give it a try yourself?
Starting to come apart again little engineer? Now repeat after me: Peshawar is in Pakistan, not Afghanistan.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
So instead of addressing a valid point by Sam, you just go off on another "I'm right because I said so" binge. How did you ever get a degree?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
So what is a "slendidly", splendidly with half the calories? I guess destroying the English language though is your "perogative". Do you type your comments from your room overlooking the port of Peshwar, Afghanistan? Oh this is far too easy.

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So what is a "slendidly", splendidly with half the calories? I guess destroying the English language though is your "perogative". Do you type your comments from your room overlooking the port of Peshwar, Afghanistan? Oh this is far too easy.
So you're reduced to becoming the spelling-police of gunboards now?

Sounds like a good career move given your lack of insight into the COIN in Afghanistan.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
So you're reduced to becoming the spelling-police of gunboards now?

Sounds like a good career move given your lack of insight into the COIN in Afghanistan.
Good try sport, seeing that you're avoiding your lack of knowledge of geography. Anyone who misses the fact that Peshawar is: a. Not a port and b. Not in Afghanistan, can hardly declare that they know anything about the region.

· Registered
190 Posts
I think they have finally figured out the best chance they have to defeat a large well equiped military force is to cut its supply lines. Pulling the plug sort of.

And any of this should surprise anybody why? Who is the last person to actually conquer Afganistan? Alexander the Great, and that was well over two millenia ago. These people haven't changed to any great degree since then. If they want to get along with you they will. If they don't like you and don't want you in their country they will do whatever it takes to either kill you or make your stay so miserable that you can't wait to leave. Ask the Russians about Afganistan. Nobody in their right mind would believe you can win a conflict like this with any degree of military force, it's like throwing a cup full of water on a forest fire.

JK:(

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Good try sport, seeing that you're avoiding your lack of knowledge of geography. Anyone who misses the fact that Peshawar is: a. Not a port and b. Not in Afghanistan, can hardly declare that they know anything about the region.
Face it, NATO can't even secure it's main source of supply.

Hey, they can always do a Khe-San and fly the shit in, right? Or they can beg Russia for a land-route into Afghanistan.

Tell me, how did that air resupply work out for the 6th Army at Stalingrad? Anyone? Hello?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts

Tell me, how did that air resupply work out for the 6th Army at Stalingrad? Anyone? Hello?
Um, you've failed to address the fact that the truck burning took place in Pakistan, not Afghanistan. I guess with that logic, the M923 I saw yesterday with a flat tire here was also the fault of NATO.

I have to ask, where did you get your supposed degree from? I'd get my money back.

You are trying to draw the analogy of resupplying an ARMY (look up how many people Von Paulus had), surrounded by Russian AA, with Ju-52s (primarily) to resupplying the forces in Afghanistan with C-130s, C-17s, Sherpas, IL-76s and IL124s in a benign AA environment? You truly have no grasp of either the operational or logistical situation in Afghanistan. Have your kids been dropping meds in your Cheetos?

· Banned
9,188 Posts

Hey, they can always do a Khe-San and fly the shit in, right? Or they can beg Russia for a land-route into Afghanistan.

· Banned
3,553 Posts
What tha HELL is THAT??????........LOL......is that BRussell spanking his.....mmmmm....children????

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Cheetos Soup, with a dollop of cream?

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Um, you've failed to address the fact that the truck burning took place in Pakistan, not Afghanistan. I guess with that logic, the M923 I saw yesterday with a flat tire here was also the fault of NATO.

I have to ask, where did you get your supposed degree from? I'd get my money back.

You are trying to draw the analogy of resupplying an ARMY (look up how many people Von Paulus had), surrounded by Russian AA, with Ju-52s (primarily) to resupplying the forces in Afghanistan with C-130s, C-17s, Sherpas, IL-76s and IL124s in a benign AA environment? You truly have no grasp of either the operational or logistical situation in Afghanistan. Have your kids been dropping meds in your Cheetos?
Well your knowledge of the importance of the Afghan situation on the Peshwar port only shows how little you really know of the NATO problem in that region.

Man, you actually believe we can support for an extended length of time our NATO forces primarily on air supply?

Tell me, how many tons does each NATO soldier, excluding the Octoberfest boys in the north, require compared to the soldat of 1942?

That supply-line is enormous compared to 1942/1943.

You may be able to keep the stalemate that is currently in place, but you won't win.

Khe Sahn, Khe Sahn.

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Starting to come apart again little engineer? Now repeat after me: Peshawar is in Pakistan, not Afghanistan.
Nope, you know I enjoy these posts, that is why I put them up.

Helps pass the boring day, little CIVCON.

· Registered
14,769 Posts
Well lets take the 6th army at Stalingrad.
There was this thing called the "Russian Air Force."
Also a C-130 or a C5 is a bit larger than a Ju52
Then there was the Red Army, a minor irritant in the mix, one would suppose.
Of course we all know that Russian winters are not a problem for re-supply.
Khe San? I berlieve the VC lost that one.
Perhaps you are thinking of Dien Bien Phu?
Putting a french outpost at the bottom of a valley was not exactly the brightest thing they could do.

Now lets go a bit back in history that some people seem to forget.
It was NEVER the intent of the British to "conquer" Afghanistan. They simply wanted safe passage through it because of the Czarist Russian threat. That was eventualy solved by paying off the tribal leaders there who had NO problem shooting Afghanis who were NOT on the British payroll.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.