Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Why don't you take them on with your BB Gun, or is it your paintball gun, hero?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
I'll bet the other people at Billy Bob's Mercenary School were on the edge of their plastic chairs with your tail of putting down the bad guys with a hail of orange paintballs. lol. Call me when you get a life.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
I got a good life.

One that allows me to correctly analyze a situation from afar.
Yes, you have a good life that other people are paying the freight for, so you can maintain it. As for analyzing situations, don't delude yourself that your an analyst.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Well, I'll take it you've just about given up defending NATO's COIN in that part of the world.

Hell, NATO can't even protect the very port where it draws supplies from. Looks like they lost the initiative long ago in this stinker of a show.
Uh, you are aware that Peshawar is not in Afghanistan, right? You know that NATO has no ground troops in Pakistan, because Pakistan is a sovereign country, right? Do you ever engage your brain before you post, or is your hatred of the military so intense that it overcomes reason? Well, since you say that you base all of your grand pronouncements on "analysis", why don't you analyze this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peshawar

The only part of "analysis" that you seem to get right is anal.

As for the COIN fight in Afghanistan, I have no doubt that the Coalition will prevail. You seem to have a hard time denoting the fact that the Taliban are fighting on a thin logistical string.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Oh, that would be my bad, the translation for staging area came out as port. So sue me:).

Still, half the country is unemployed, can't they find a few more security personnel? Is this a sign the Paks are turning against us by allowing it? Shouldn't they have some soldiers guarding all this stuff? Peshwar isn't up in Taliban infested mountains, it's down in the flatland, how does a bunch of these guys get there? I should find somebody who knows Pakistan.
I have no problem with your translation difficulties (trust me, we have it here on a daily basis). It seems though that BR, in his haste to slam the military again, and his lack of geographic knowledge of the region showed brightly through. Peshawar isn't even in Afghanistan, and if it's a port, then BR really is an engineer. As for the reasons why this happened, I think a good idea would be to look at the new Pakistani Governments dealings with the tribes in the NWFP. This is probably a backlash for activities there.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Ha! When I posted this summer how badly the situation in Pakistan you mocked that.

Don't you get tired of defending a FUBAR like this COIN in that region?

Don't worry, Obama will be in office in a little over a month, maybe things will get better.
Interesting how you failed to differentiate two entirely different countries in your monologue and acknowledged that Peshawar was a PORT. To use your own trite terms, I was RIGHT and you were WRONG. So much for the Armchair ANALyst.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Given how inept our job on Afghanistan has been, they can't do any worse than NATO.
Once again, BR tries to mask his ineptitude and inexperience with a long cut and paste response. Are you this boring at home? Does your wife tell you to play on the computer, so you won't pester her? lol.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Right, sure. Everything is going slendidly in Afghanistan. NATO is winning.

Tell you what, try clicking your heels three times and saying "there's no place like home" and maybe that will work out for you.

I know Amtraker has been reduced to doing that, so why not give it a try yourself?
Starting to come apart again little engineer? Now repeat after me: Peshawar is in Pakistan, not Afghanistan.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Given how inept our job on Afghanistan has been, they can't do any worse than NATO.
So instead of addressing a valid point by Sam, you just go off on another "I'm right because I said so" binge. How did you ever get a degree?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Right, sure. Everything is going slendidly in Afghanistan. NATO is winning.
So what is a "slendidly", splendidly with half the calories? I guess destroying the English language though is your "perogative". Do you type your comments from your room overlooking the port of Peshwar, Afghanistan? Oh this is far too easy.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
So you're reduced to becoming the spelling-police of gunboards now?

Sounds like a good career move given your lack of insight into the COIN in Afghanistan.
Good try sport, seeing that you're avoiding your lack of knowledge of geography. Anyone who misses the fact that Peshawar is: a. Not a port and b. Not in Afghanistan, can hardly declare that they know anything about the region.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Face it, NATO can't even secure it's main source of supply.

Tell me, how did that air resupply work out for the 6th Army at Stalingrad? Anyone? Hello?
Um, you've failed to address the fact that the truck burning took place in Pakistan, not Afghanistan. I guess with that logic, the M923 I saw yesterday with a flat tire here was also the fault of NATO.

I have to ask, where did you get your supposed degree from? I'd get my money back.

You are trying to draw the analogy of resupplying an ARMY (look up how many people Von Paulus had), surrounded by Russian AA, with Ju-52s (primarily) to resupplying the forces in Afghanistan with C-130s, C-17s, Sherpas, IL-76s and IL124s in a benign AA environment? You truly have no grasp of either the operational or logistical situation in Afghanistan. Have your kids been dropping meds in your Cheetos?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Cheetos Soup, with a dollop of cream?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Well your knowledge of the importance of the Afghan situation on the Peshwar port only shows how little you really know of the NATO problem in that region.

Khe Sahn, Khe Sahn.
Uh, there is no port in Peshawar, it's several hundred miles from the ocean.

As for Khe Sahn, we won the battles of the hills there and the NVA withdrew. You might want to read a little Keith Nolan before you post. It won't humiliate you so badly.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Nope, you know I enjoy these posts, that is why I put them up.
So you post these comments to show how little knowledge you have of political/military affairs and geography? That's quite a stance, advertising that you're ignorant.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Wow, you're now speaking for the entire country, as well as the couch-bound set. That's quite a task. Who appointed you? Do you know how long the Siege of Khe Sahn lasted?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Islamabad: About 100 vehicles destined for the U.S.-led NATO forces in Afghanistan were on Monday set ablaze by heavily armed pro-Taliban militants in Peshawar, in the second such attack in as many days.

"in Peshawar". Did you read it?
Yes, and no matter how you slice it, Peshawar is still in the NWFP not Afghanistan (you know where that is right?). Are you so demented as to not realize that this happened in a sovereign country where there is no NATO force or mandate?

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Yes, I know that NATO doesn't have a mandate in Pak. You know I know that.

Is it your professional opinion, and I ask you this in all sincerity, that we can win in Afghanistan without a land route for supply.
But, of course, you won't admit you were wrong and you blindly took Peshawar to be a port city. As for a land supply route, ours hasn't been cut yet, so why comment on something that hasn't happened?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.