Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a bubba 96 swede mauser,15 gustav. good bore;no stock disc,so can't access swede read on this gun;all matched (bands gone to bubba,so don't know on that). 1/2 of loads i have tried go > 4 m.o.a. 1/4 of the tried loads go 2.5-3.75 m.o.a. actually not too bad for what it is. loads it likes-fed power shok and surplus go sub m.o.a. all day long. my concern is excess pressure signs with some loads. surplus being the worst. hard bolt lift and exractor/ejector marks on case base. with this ammo,it is no big trick to go 1.0,.75 if i am on at the time. my concerns are obvious from the above. i have > 500r of surplus and plan to shoot this gun a bunch. have any of the swede shooter experts here had a similar experience? i can not see anything modified or changed on this gun other than the bubba chopped stock,missing bands and HG,obviously bent bolt. a bit concerned re excess presure signs,but,can't see how surplus (in good condition) would create this problem. ammo was made for the gun by the folks that issued it to their troops. i am in FL,so maybe a temp/atmospheric hight issue? not real hot when i have been shooting lately (it will be soon). thanks for any and all replies/opinions/input.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Check your extractor clearance on the groove above the rim on the case . A fired case jamming in the extractor can cause the bolt to be very hard to open . I do not see how you are getting ejector marks on the case from firing ? Also check to see if the bore is really fouled with jacket material as that can also raise pressures . mag

·
Silver Bullet member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shootiing swede surplus from 200r sealed battle packs. prickskytte. bore is clean. i take it down to bear metal after every firing. i meant extractor marks on case head. headspace is a possibility. as is ejector clearance. as i said ALL the parts present are matched. ???

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Maybe sometime in your rifles life someone fired some of the danish hva 48 ammo with the cupro nickle bullets. That ammo is notorious for leaving cupro nickle deposits in the barrel and if not properly cleaned could be the cause of your problems. Just a thought. This ammo is still out there as I have a few rounds in my collection. Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.