Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again! I managed to upload pics last night then the old boards went away. Here are some pic of the long gun i just bought and the carbine I've had for a while now. Paid $72.00 for the carbine and $350.00 for the rifle

·
Gold Bullet member
2,113 Posts
I replied to you on the old board, (no, not the old board, but the new, old, board), also....
That's a great looking rifle, I love the light colored wood. My Steyr long is a graceful, accurate rifle, much nicer to shoot than the 'angry' carbine.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,538 Posts
Great looking rifles!

You're a brave man using the wife's kitchen equipment as a milsurp photography center! - assuming you're married! ;)

T

·
Premium Member
105,706 Posts
Great looking rifles!

You're a brave man using the wife's kitchen equipment as a milsurp photography center! - assuming you're married! ;)

T
I think that just might be his area. Doesn't look like a kitchen to me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep those pictures were taken on our kitchen island. The two pics with the rifles in vices are down stairs in my re-loading area of the cellar.
Currently the only load I've shot out of the Carbine is 45g. H414 in a Graf case. Remington 9 1/2 primer and a 205grn spitzer made by Buffalo Arms. @ 100 yds. the shot into about 2 inches. I haven't had a chance to shoot the long gun yet.

When time permits I'm planning on doing some "real" load development for these rifles. The above load is very mild as it's a starting load for a 225. grain bullet. It WILL however get your attention. I remember the first time I had it at the range and pulled the trigger.
--- BLAMO ---- What a hoot. I'd been shooting an SVT-40 which has a pretty good bark in it's own right due to it's muzzle brake. But that "angry little rifle" did turn some heads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts