Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun shop has two 91/59's for sale. One is a blonde stocked Tula. The other is a sanitized blonde stock witha factory stock repair. Both the same price $133.50. Good prices? Which would you get and why? Actions and barrels are in same vg condition.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,036 Posts
If I were in the market for M91/59's, I'd get both. If budgetary constraints are limiting you to a single purchase, go for the sanitized carbine, they are less common than the Tula variants. Good luck, and let us know how it goes (preferrably with photos!)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D :D

both is definitely the way to go. If you leave one you'll end up kicking yourself for not having got it. the scrubbed is more rare but Tulas usually have nice markings. :D

If you can only go with one, like would probably be my predicament, See which one speaks to you the loudest! :D :D

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
You will always questions whether you made the right choice so I would suggest buying both. Seriously, in the long run, $133.50 is not going to break the bank and it is a good price...

·
Registered
624 Posts
This happens to me all the time. Just when I save up enough money to buy a Mosin I always find at least two rifles that I must have. I would get the sanitized version first. I think it'd be easier to find the Tula 91/59 later on if you'd like. However $135 is a very good price for ANY 91/59 so if you have some extra cash then I'd get both of them for that price. Get them quick because they may not last long. Good luck and post some pictures when you can. Aleks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well I went back today to look at em. I decided on the sanitized but low and behold in the rack he's got a Tula 91/30 without a cleaning rod , and obviously by the condition of the stock has not been refurbed. Other than the stock peeling finish and a few scrapes the weapon doesnt look that bad. I open the bolt and its an "ex sniper" check the side and the scopes number is on the receiver. So instead of 2 91/59 I got both the "ex" and the sanitized for $200 OTD. I'm happy , maybe Santa will get the other for me.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,036 Posts
Congrats on both! You might want to re-check the ex-sniper, Tula 91/30 sniper rifles didn't have the scope # on the barrel shank, that was an Izhevsk only variation.

Hopefully you'll be able to post photos of both rifles, and welcome to the forums! (forgot that in my first reply)

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
That is what I call a win-win. I am among those anxiously awaiting the photos....:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am mistaken . the scope number was on an Izzy at another shop. He wanted way too much for what he had. I'll def post pics, I pick em up next Tuesday. I put em on layaway till my fund become "liquid"

·
Copper Bullet member
947 Posts
Was at a dunhams the other day and they had Two 91/59 s 199$ apiece. I didn't bother to examine them cause of the price and I might have found some anomaly to buy one of them.
That Ex sniper sounds like a curious one that yoy saw.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Looks good. Definitely a unique stock repair.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.