Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 91 59 (IZZY) for 200 bucks at a local gun show. I almost got a SAKO for 300 but it had a seamed stock it's still available. The 91 59 pix coming is in good shape nice bluing and stockIt didn't have a cleaning rod will a M38 rod be passable? Also the guy didn't have the 'story' on 91 59s Can nayone enlighten me. Where were the manufactured why were they cut down? Anything else???

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
not really a good price,most i see are in the 150-175 range. i got a 1942 izhvesk 91/59 3 months ago for $120

·
Registered
36 Posts
"I almost got a SAKO for 300 but it had a seamed stock it's still available." "Seamed" stock means what?
Look at this link: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM39.htm about 2/3 the way down the page under the title "Stock Splices" The Finns used 2 piece stocks... Is this what you mean as seamed? They also used an additional piece to create the bottom of the stock butt...

What year, and model is the SAKO? If it is a M39, war dated, with a stock that is not split, with matching bolt and barrel #s with a good bore, it could be worth more than $300...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been watching auction sites and the price must be on the rise I didn't see anything under 200-250 bucks, with bids, with admonishments to get them now from someone, that was not selling.. Did I get robbed, don't know from the link that was provided above it sure seems like it. It's in good shape but not 80 dollars more good shape. As far as the SAKO, yeah it's on the bottom of the stock and it's blonde. Can't remember the year. This guy had some interesting stuff or so it seemed. 91/27 91/28 that someone butchered the stock with a sander it was 200 and some odd arsenal name 1891 for 400. Any way CRUD. Someday it'll be worth what I paid and it's a done deal now. There others are still around and will be. Don't know if I shuold even worry about postin pix

·
Silver Bullet member
1,106 Posts
Maybe not a steal, but not all that bad. The $100-120 price quoted is dated- that was while they were generally available from the distributers. Allan's Armory just sold a small batch at a higher price. Considering the condition of the 91/59s compared to what else is available in Mosin carbines, they are good value.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the earlier prices are grand, but impossible to find now. You did NOT get ripped off. You might want to go back by and see what the others were. But, it sounds like he knows what he has, and priced appropriately...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
then guns are obviously cheaper here in pa than elsewhere. at the first harrisburg show this year, there were 5 91/59's i looked at and 4 were in the 150 to 175 range and the one that followed me home i got for 120

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.