Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not from a collectable purpose , but from an accuracy purpose, if both guns where the same barrel wise in condition ,would one be better than the other. I am shopping for a carbine to hunt with using the sights on the gun. Price is not a factor. I just love the Mosin guns. I have 2 91-30's from 1932 and 1933,all numbers matching that I just want to collect. I would like a carbine for 50 to 75 yrd. work for deer hunting. I had also read laminate stocked guns are more accurate if you can find one. I owne a lot of modern firearms , but I am hooked on the vintage Mosins.I am going to keep collecting Mosins as a hobby but right now I am just looking for a carbine. A local gun shop has a good selection of both 91-38 and 91-59's. The 91-59's are selling for 50.00 more in the same condition. They are all Charter Arms imports.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I suspect your dealer has M38 carbines, not 91/38. If he really does have a load of 91/38s, better buy them all for resale & make enough profit to buy a brand new, known good sporter. Shooting-wise, it's like any other comparison of old rifles. You cannot tell how good, or bad, one is gonna shoot until you try it. A lot of guys swear all 91/59s shoot like a house afire. I know enough to say that ain't always the case. Maybe, just maybe, it's safe to say that 91/59 stands a chance of having better average muzzle condition, due only to later barrel shortening.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mistake in typing, they are M38's not 91-38's. I will admit that I am new to the Mosins , but am addicted to them from my first 2 purchaces last month. I love the history of these guns. Ed

·
Registered
342 Posts
your addiction after just 2 mosins is lucky. I was addicted with my first mosin. And when I found the finns made it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.