Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The same day I took the M-39 I managed to take a 91/30 that I have not shot yet.It was one of the first Laminated 91/30 I bought-Off Gunbroker for $100. Tula 1940 with all electric penciled numbers,black paint touch up where the arsenal reblue had worn off.bore was ok-good rifling but dark in grooves.Shooting 75 yards off a Rest-(ammo can with gun case folded over it) with Czech bxn 62 7.62X54R practice ammo.Loud like the FMJ but half the recoil.Very windy and got worse,but 35 degree heat wave!I had forgotten to bring more FMJ full power in the rush to get out to the range before the weather changed again for the worse,which it did 2 hours later.I have not had much luck with M-44's but the 91/30 I feel is the best shooting buy you can get.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks like a pretty good group there in the lower corner. :D I think that's tighter than your M39. :D

Good goin! :D

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was suprised by th group-but the ones at the top were part of the whole thing.The wind and cold were a real problem.I didint try to adjust the sight,I will try with Regular ammo on a day with better conditions.The 91/30 really suprised me for a Russian.I will dig out a Finnish M-30 and see how much better the Finnish barrel is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.