Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruised into Big 5 today while Christmas shopping. One laminated 91/30 on the rack so I check it out. Yup, it is an Izhevsk ex-sniper with all original matching numbers. Scope serial number has been ground.

Price is $209 and the manager won't budge on the price, so its still there for anyone interested.

tim

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,088 Posts
At $209 only a fool would buy it! Wait a week and it will go on sale. Is it a '42 with a ground off serial number?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys, don't remember the year... will look again next time I'm in town.

Salesman looked to see if there was a 91/30 sale coming up and said he did not see anything soon.

tim

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Went back today to check the year: 1943

A salesman who I have bought rifles from before made me an offer: buy a regular 91/30 on sale ($89) and he would give me the ex-sniper for the sale price of $100. So with locks, tax, and DROS it was $251 out the door for both rifles. It is my first 91/30 with a laminated stock...

Not a great deal considering that there were six 91/30s (5 hex, 1 ex-PU) from J&G sitting on the front porch when I got home.

Its just a disease, right?

tim

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Went back today to check the year: 1943

A salesman who I have bought rifles from before made me an offer: buy a regular 91/30 on sale ($89) and he would give me the ex-sniper for the sale price of $100. So with locks, tax, and DROS it was $251 out the door for both rifles. It is my first 91/30 with a laminated stock...

Not a great deal considering that there were six 91/30s (5 hex, 1 ex-PU) from J&G sitting on the front porch when I got home.

(Its just a disease, right?)

tim
Yeah, but it's terminal!...;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts