Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this mark is? I've been looking for years, and just stumbled upon what I believe is the same mark...(but on a different rifle). Pic of the mark on the bolt is not mine. The Tula hex with Izhvesk barrel is mine (with partial stamp).

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
It appears to be a post-1934 Tula factory quality control proof mark. Scroll down until you see it here:

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Rifle pictured is a re-used hexagonal / knoxform receiver from 1920s-era Tula manufacture recycled/ reused in the 1930s or 1940s for an Izhevsk factory barrel. What is the date of manufacture on your rifle in the picture? I ask, because I have three 1941 no-prefix rifles with re-used Tula hex receivers.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. This reference site is new to me! My tang date is 1919 Tula, 1930 izhvesk. Ironically, the sniper that bolt is on is an Izhvesk (it's a December 2020 Gunbroker auction). I was always hoping it was some obscure Remington mark...but sigh alas. :-(

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.