Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
CreepiE: Not sure how valid but I ran into 2 of them last week at Dunhams.

I was checking out the lastest arrivals and they had Hex recievers for $99. It was an Izzy 1926r/52, all matching with a very nice stock. I did not know what the 2 dates meant so I put it back.. Thought about it all through work and then checked 7.62x54r's webpage (very nice job there by the way) and figured it out. I slipped out of work and did the paperwork. That's when the store mgr brings out an unopened box. He figured I would want the one with no fingerprints on it. It was a Tula 1931/53, all matching but with a not so nice stock. PROBLEM how do I get 2 guns into the house unnoticed.

I stripped the 1926 down, no rust or pitting, and shot her tonight. 1st 2 shots were an 8 and a Bullseye, then she heated up and I could not hit anything. The other is broken down but has a lot of pitting that was marked up with CAI's black marker. Plus the handguard appears to be too fat for the gun. Bands are separated way further than my other guns. Trying to figure out what to do.

Anyway I have not run into any of these 2 date mosins around here until last week, but then Dunhams typically only sold round recievers.

Mark - Sorry this was so long.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
PROBLEM how do I get 2 guns into the house unnoticed.

Plus the handguard appears to be too fat for the gun. Bands are separated way further than my other guns. Trying to figure out what to do.
Leave one in the trunk of the car until your SO goes to bed.

I have the same problem on an M38. I'm going to reshape the band with some judicious work with an anvil and hammer to reshape it.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Nice finds guys, they sound like nice rifles.

Poot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts