Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
967 Posts
Amazing info!! I picked [by hand] one of these at CAI back in 1988 or so, those braincells are gone, but I can check my records. Anyway I picked one that had a Finn hang tag. I have sort of been nervous to ask this forum, as in all the books and websites there is no mention of such a beast. Considering the price and how brilliantly it shoots, I am happy. This post seems to have answered a lot.

So it is a CAI put together? The Finns never did this? It seems a good idea, but did they use M39s for snipers with PUs? Or did the Finns ever use PUs after WW2?

Who made the curved sniper bolts for these ... are they Finn, or CAI?

Also, is that ex-Soviet ammo "7?I" stuff that much better than anything else?

THANKS

· Registered
967 Posts
Well, if I can't be excited I can at least be guilt free. I always wondered, like used to about Santa Claus, because I never saw a Finn 91/30 sniper on any of the two great websites or books. CAI really did me a lot of favors back in the 80s. I want to say my "sniper" was either $100 or $120.

My only regret about CAI was I had a PTRD-41 in my hands for $150... they said "we have to wait for paperwork to clear, we'll ship it to you." [that was good anyway, as my biathlon coach would have had a fit packing this with our 22s and my four M27s and M28/30s] Well a couple weeks later I got a note and my check saying the PTRDs could not come into the USA from Canada.

PS. on another permenant thread on this forum I found out my PU scope and mount are indeed original

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.