Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be careful out there, you know those f**kers would like to repeat!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It was a tragedy, to be sure. However, consider that the jihadists who committed that act are now forever remembered by our country. That, in a sense (in THEIR sense, mind you) makes them the winner. Terrorism by its definition is to strike fear in the hearts of ALL. Unfortunately, they have succeeded. It would be a far more resounding defeat to the terrorists if their grand attack simply went unnoticed....

Rest easy, victims of September 11th. You are remembered with honor.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
I for one am too old and dumb to be scared but I sure would like a shot at revenge! Not very politically correct but I do remember and honor the innocent victims and the brave men who tried to save them. I also will take the time to honor the men and women fighting the battle today and those from the past! God Bless and keep them all! Bill

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
I for one am too old and dumb to be scared but I sure would like a shot at revenge! Not very politically correct but I do remember and honor the innocent victims and the brave men who tried to save them. I also will take the time to honor the men and women fighting the battle today and those from the past! God Bless and keep them all! Bill
+1.

Poot

·
Registered
314 Posts
Being "Politically Correct" will be the end of us all. we must focus on defending our country and our way of life more than whether or not we are verbally "stepping on someones toes".

We cannot remain passive about our defence because the moment we become complacent; that is when disaster will strike and we will be remembering another several thousand dead. We must be vigilant, watchful, and ready to take action whenever necessary because there are millions of people who would like nothing more than this country to be a giant smoking crater.

God Bless the U.S.A. and those who defend her.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
Consider two periods in time, each of 6 years. The first begins Dec 7, 1941. The second begins Sept 11, 2001. Both involved atacks on the US. Compare our response and consider the second attack killed more people and caused more property damage.

The second response sure seems to be kind of whimpy compared to the first.

regards
badger

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
It was a tragedy, to be sure. However, consider that the jihadists who committed that act are now forever remembered by our country. That, in a sense (in THEIR sense, mind you) makes them the winner. Terrorism by its definition is to strike fear in the hearts of ALL. Unfortunately, they have succeeded. It would be a far more resounding defeat to the terrorists if their grand attack simply went unnoticed....

Rest easy, victims of September 11th. You are remembered with honor.
I will respectfully disagree. I want my enemies dead so that they can not do it againe.

Hakkaa Päälle!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
314 Posts
Consider two periods in time, each of 6 years. The first begins Dec 7, 1941. The second begins Sept 11, 2001. Both involved atacks on the US. Compare our response and consider the second attack killed more people and caused more property damage.

The second response sure seems to be kind of whimpy compared to the first.

regards
badger
i have wondered the same thing. what happened to "Don't mess with U.S."? looks like people now would rather be like the ostrich and stick their head in the sand so they can't see the problem.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
The response to Dec. 7, 1941 was exactly what the politicians wanted. The US involved in the European war. The response to Sept. 11, 2001 was exactly what the politicians wanted. Tyranny and oppression at home. The overseas "response" was/is nothing more than a distraction to justify the real goals which are an increase in gov't power and restriction of our freedoms. When it comes down to it there's not much difference at all.

D

·
0 Posts
The response to Dec. 7, 1941 was exactly what the politicians wanted. The US involved in the European war. The response to Sept. 11, 2001 was exactly what the politicians wanted. Tyranny and oppression at home. The overseas "response" was/is nothing more than a distraction to justify the real goals which are an increase in gov't power and restriction of our freedoms. When it comes down to it there's not much difference at all.
Bingo.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
Having spent a lifetime solving peoples problems In my field of expertise, I came to believe that solutions exist to any problem.

One solution I have been hearing lately is to vote against any incumbent politician, in essence a vote of no confidence. It's nothing new, jefferson advocated throwing the bums out on a regular basis to keep them honest, or maybe as honest as we could expect those in power to ever become.

Instead of engaging in the "blame game" which is essectially a cop-out, why not post your suggestions as to methods to remove those from power that you think are the source of all your problems.

It would definitely be more effective than doing nothing (not voting), which is an act that in iteself perpetuates the present situation.

regards
badger

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
I'm not "blaming" anyone. There's no blame to place when it's simply human nature for evil men to be attracted to positions of power. I'm simply pointing out facts.

No, voting for politicians perpetuates the situation. If nobody voted for them they'd all have to go home. I am not part of the problem. In essence no vote is a vote of "no confidence" in the incumbent and his opponents.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
A no vote means those that vote control your destiny. The kick the bums out suggestion makes more sense to me. Before you respond too quickly, I didn't vote until I was almost your age, and I had good reasons to not vote.

I respectfully disagree with the "not blaming anyone" scenario, and I would like to believe that there are a few people of character left that might actually act in such a way that their principle motive would not be personal gain at the expense of others. I do know many people who still live by that principle, and I would hope that there are enough of them left around to make Heaven interesting.

regards
badger

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
OKAY....... You Guy's have convinced me ! I am heading to town RIGHT NOW to purchase all the aluminum foil wallmart has ! The danged ole illuminatti back AGAIN are !:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
OKAY....... You Guy's have convinced me ! I am heading to town RIGHT NOW to purchase all the aluminum foil wallmart has ! The danged ole illuminatti back AGAIN are !:eek:

< Yawn >

You're whistling past the graveyard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts