Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to reload some good plinking ammo for 8x58RD in a Swedish RB.
I like Dutchmans 190g gas checked bullet with 12g Unique formula for a mild load.
I have never formed brass before so I have some obvious questions.
1-What brass is better to use? I have 7.62x54R and 8x56R brass already onhand but I will buy .45-70 if needed.
2-I have Winchester lg rifle primers already on hand. Will they work?
3-I have H 4895 powder already on hand or should I stick to finding some Unique?
4-what is the process for forming the choice for brass?
-annealing
-full length size
-trim to length
Can someone break it down for me?
5-do cast bullets seat using std. die set?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have some questions on this project but the good news is my new M67/89 Sporting RB came today and it is nicer than expected. All matching numbers with an 1875 date and a 1891 conversion date. It still has the brass disc on butt stock but I dont know what the numbers mean yet. The barrel has strong rifling and still some shine to it. I still need to slug bore to determine what size bullets are needed. The finish is about 85%. A very beautiful rifle.
I have made some progress on this project. I have picked up some 45-70 brass, some Unique powder, and some dies from CH4D. Good advise is still appreciated and thanks to samnev2 for responding, it was helpful. I will update thread with pics when I figure out how.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.