Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket, too much time to play on one of our favorite auction sites, and won this......

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=285449210

Looks like one of the South American JC models, sans the PM markings on the (R) of the receiver ring.....and it's in 8mm.....

I'm waiting on the rifle to arrive, and asked the seller for the serial # / prefix.......I just liked the look of this gun for some reason......

Any comments on eactly what it might be?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,938 Posts
Agree, the easiest answer is that it is actually 7mm. Check it when you get it and let us know.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...will let you know when it shows...

To be honest, if it's 7mm, that'll be fine by me! It doesn't appear to have the added police markings and added importers ser# like the ones currently on the market......and the condition appears substantially better.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well......it showed up today......and it is a 7mm. Serial number is high (141XX), no PM markings or addl. importers markings on the receiver......The importers mark is miniscule....."IA SAC 7mm" on the bottom of the bbl just forward of the lug. Gun is completely matching with a fairly nice bore as well......overall I'm quite pleased....should be a great shooter (as long as my stash of FN 7mm still goes bang!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.