Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
8mm

This is what the guys who I know at J&G told me. Expect to pay 30 to 40c a round now for 8mm. Add to that all of these places add shipping we are soon looking at 45c to 50c a round for what used to cost a nickel in the old days. ( and to think the old days were 2002 to 2006!!!!) Boy what a difference a year makes!

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Good Quality ammo, but Berdan/Corrosive and still "surplus" after all..

The "sniper" thing adds some cuteness and all.....but it it way too rich for my blood. I can reload Sierra Matchkings for that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yugo ammo

If I am not mistaken, that price is 7 cents a round more than current pricing on Russian 7N1 sniper ammo. I'm not sure who they expect will be buying this. Certainly not the masses of people who bought a Turk or Yugo for under $100 because ammo was available and cheap.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
8mm

Too high for my blood/wallet too. I bought enough, more than enough when it was dirt cheap. If you factor in for inflation, in reality it's not that more than what we paid for the stuff in the 1950s. In the 50s 8mm surplus was 4-6c a round. Seeing that 50 yrs. have passed, and using an inflation calculator, 6c in 1958 is 43c in 2007! We were spoiled for 6 or 7 years, and now real prices have once again appeared, and with a vengeance!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I got 12 cases of the 70s and 10 cases of the brass case 80s and 10 of the steel case 80s yugo I think thats is all I need, And I went nuts on the $50 cases of the 50s yugo. And Im not the only guy that got that much of the yugo. I dont think they will sale much. Sniper Ammo give me a brack.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The higher the ammo prices go the more surplus rifles we will see at pawn shops and local gunshops because BUBBA wont be able to afford to shoot it. Just about everything has a upside if you look for it. Also the importers will drop the prices on their rifles since the number of buyers will be fewer.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
The m75 is the Yugo designation for sniper ammo. It is a lighter bullet than the m49 which is s.S. 198gr. Now, is it worth that knd of money??? Doubt it..

The Yogo M75 has the same weight and style of bullet as regular Yugoslav M49 ball. In fact lots of M75 Sniper Ammo that do not meet the accuracy standards for that round are boxed up and issued as standard M49 ball.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Eleven cents/round at my front door West Coast for that clean '70s Yugo is looking good compared to the $.40-? these days. I bagged four cases, plus I hand load lots of WW 8X57MM brass with various bullets. Got my 200 grain Nosler Partition hand loads shooting 2" high @ 100 yard and the Yugo '70s hits exactly 2" to the left of that. Don't think I'll be letting my buddies blast away with my K98's and that Yugo surplus like I used to last year anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.